1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to harvest wood from trees

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by truth10k, Sep 13, 2009.

1. truth10k

truth10k Guest

Since the patch and enhanced client, I cannot use lumberjacking. I double click on the axe and then click the tree and it comes back saying I can't use an axe on that.

Anyone else?

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What kind of tree, what kind of axe, and is it equipped?

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Which targetting mode are you using?

With the enhanced cleint I would really recommend to use a target-by-resource macro. When creating your macro with it, drop your axe into the window that pops out. You will never have to target again a tree for lumberjacking.

4. truth10k

truth10k Guest

I have tried using the hatchet, axe, and double axe. This was just double clicking on the axe and then clicking on the tree. After doing that I the message "You can't use an axe on that."

I have tried it on every tree.

I have and will use the macro, but if I can't use the axe at all, don't know if it will matter, will it?

I sent a help message to a GM and was told that they cannot help, and sent me a link to send to for bugs.

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You had it equipped though right?

6. truth10k

truth10k Guest

Yes, have them equipped.

7. Sounds like your trying to cut trees in the jungle. Some trees there wont let you cut them

8. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have circle of transparency on?

9. just what I was going to ask

10. Drawde2

Drawde2 Guest

The circle might be doing that.

In order for me to chop trees, I had to target them from a distance, then use 'target by resource' next to it. 'Target by resource' did nothing if I didn't target the tree first.

11. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

They're champ spawn trees. :p

12. truth10k

truth10k Guest

It was the circle of transparency, turned it off and it works just fine. Thanks!

13. [JD]

[JD] Guest

how does the target by resource macro work? i cant get it to work, just says i cant use that or something

i dropped a double axe i have equipped into the macro and i turned off the circle of trans

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

make sure legacy targeting is off and that you actually have the axe equipped

15. [JD]

[JD] Guest

i think the issue was that some of the trees in the jungle are unchoppable. when i go to yew and chop it works.

why in the world has the problem of no magical wood gone on for so long? i mean seriously. lj seems like a gimped skill. and now that (hopefully) the resource scripters should get banned, magical wood is going to get RARE and the non scripting guys wont have enough. they need to revamp lj...