1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to log onto UOSA

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Winterfell, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Winterfell

Winterfell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

whenever I try to start up UOSA using new client for SA expansion, I get the message "Network error' ..........'connection lost'

I have been playing on the new client for a few weeks with no problems and haven't changed anything.

If I try loading the patcher from the UOSA folder it just sits there doing nothing . I can ping the server which is Oceania and can play in the old client ok, but just not the new one.

I have read the post below and I have never had a problem logging on using the UOSA.exe directly and as mentioned above the 'patcher' doesnt seem to so anything I get to the splash screen and up to the log on screen, but after I enter my user name and password I get the 'Network error' message

Any suggestions??
    Thanks

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are you using Vista? Start the client with Run as adminstrator option. Rightclick the UO client logo and use that option.

3. Also, since you run the UOSA.exe directly, try running the patch again. There was a small patch last week and things may have changed to prevent logging in without the patch.

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Any new word on this?

5. Winterfell

Winterfell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry for the delay replying. After reading forums realised that I was starting the client not the patcher. With a little more patience the patcher finally came to life and all was sorted. So if your having this problem make sure you are using the uopatch.exe to start the game.