1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to pick paragon chests at GM lockpicking?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by HellaFarris, Oct 8, 2009.

1. HellaFarris

HellaFarris Guest

Hi all,

I picked up a couple of Paragon chests a couple of days ago (from Dark Wisps if that makes any difference), but my GM Lockpicker can't pick them (you are unable to pick that).

What might be the issue here - I didn't think it was possible to get higher than 100 lockpicking or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Hella Farris - tamer of Europa.

2. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Hmm, other then going through a bunch of picks, you should be able to pick them. Are you sure its not already picked?

3. Check to see if they been lock with magic by casting unlock on them with a GM mage.

4. HellaFarris

HellaFarris Guest

Thanks for the replies - I'll try both and report back here :)

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Some level 5 & 6 paragon chests can be a pain in the ass.

I've broken over 50 picks on one chest before, on multiple occasions.

Typically, if you gather together about 50 unopened high-end paragon chests, you'll find 1 or 2 that will burn through your pick supply, when the rest take only 1-5 attempts to open.

6. HellaFarris

HellaFarris Guest

Aha - it seems perseverence was the thing I was missing, used up a fair few picks but got them in the end - thanks all :)

7. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

yep there can be some nasty ones some times.... glad you finally got it!

I find when there is a real bad one I try a different character picking it...and it normally yeilds pretty quick!

8. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My method is even more scientific... I just pick another chest then go back to the troublesome chest. I really doubt that is has any effect, but it reduces my frustration level to move onto a chest that opens easily.