1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unbound Enegry Vortex's

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

whats with these guys?

besides having like 70,000 hp they seem to corrupt any summons to attack anyone.... even in tram!!!!

i just got aced by some guys Rising Colossus in TRAM!

i was watching it and i could swear it was attacking my dragon, so on a whim i invised my dragon to check and the RC instantly turned on me and stocked me down the dungeon and finally killed me.

i was a little surprised by this in the tram rule set.

not complaining, i like it, but it sure strikes me as funny.

i wish i was able to give the fella who summoned it a count though, hahahaha

this might take griefing to a new level in tram, walk in, drop some EVs, kill all the roll playing guys naked in aprons, walk out.

2. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is that on Shard of the Dead or Shame on Origin?

3. Poo

Origin

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I am unaware of anyone who "roll plays naked in aprons."

However, this sounds as though it could indeed be a griefing tool, and perhaps the corrupted summons should attack the caster and/or guildmates and/or party members?

-Galen's player

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Test/Origin Pub 73 has some serious EV/Colossus bugs. There have been several reports of these summons acting strangely. Until fixed, it is advised you stay away from all uncontrollable summons and make a cookie-cutter sampire.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Until they give these creatures the life leach suck thingie that Corgul has as well!

Which'd be fine with me I guess.

You know what'd be neat for mages if they are EVs that freed themselves is to have the Dispel spell work to do massive damage after it's been beaten down to a certain level; like Word of Death.

-Galen's player

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

A friend of mine asked if I tried dispel...I haven't yet. I wonder :). I'm also wondering if this EV mob is part of the reason why player EVs/Colossus don't work the right way anymore. But the spawned EVs don't operate like a player EV in that they don't have auto-attack as you run by. Hm.

I'd assume bards--like Poo--would do well against most things in Shame. Tamers, as well. People are going to farm the old Elder Gazer rooms for artifacts. It's such a perfect little place to farm.

8. I commented about EVs attack each other on test shard. I hope it is true. With that I also hope you can cast more then two on an active foe.

If Im not controlling them, why would I need control slots.

9. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

We call them freemasons here.

10. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Funny, hen. Thanks for the laugh. =)

BlissMarie

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Is it possible to attack someone else's rogue summons (i.e., it is flagged to you or your pet) if you're in Shame in Trammel on Origin?

12. Poo

have you tried the 'new' gazers yet?

there will be no farming of said gazers.

not unless your farming with a party of 5 people!

they are N A S T Y!

and Evil Mage Lords..... OMG are they McNasty now, i havnt figured out what their new EI is, but they have some sort of area attack thing that flags onto you if your even OFF screen, and they do some sort of mana parasite thing, again even when your off screen, so far they are the only thing i run from down there in the basement.... and i run fast!

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think summonig elementals in the elemental dungeon and not behaving the way you want is kinda funny maybe its just me ;-)

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

A greater dragon, rune beetle and kitsune pair of tamers took them down with relatively no issues, but Vet skill is def going to be a must I believe.

I saw a sampire solo quite a few of the eternal gazers.

I killed a gazer w/ my mage (EVs) while a mystic casted colossus.

I killed a gazer w/ my mage (EVs, spells) while two sampires tanked.

Don't need quite five but those guys regularly drop arty-level items, and on most shards they have their own rooms w/ doors--but some shards don't have doors. Well, I think they will be farmed 24/7 by soloists, clientists, and parties.

15. Poo

ya five might have been a exaggeration, but they are gonna require a couple people to comfortably take them down.... or multiboxed sampires with healers, hahahaha

ya well all know its gonna happen!

16. pgib

pgib Guest

Unless they changed the gazers since the last time i tried it in TC they don't look that bad for a tamer. You just have to spam greater heal + bandages. Very boring because of the huge resistance set (85 physical if i remember well, which means a not so great headbutt from the greater dragon) but doable.