1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unbuilt homes

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Duncan McDermott, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

Are the unbuilt plots extra houses players have just to take up the spot? I see a number of them with just the dirt floor. Most of them I see I think why waste the time to place if it is just going to sit here unused?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe they just use them to dump stuff down and just not bothered to build a house. I know lots that are empty, or at least look empty because they are set to private so you can't see all the items.

3. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I once placed a dirt plot and paid a guildmate 1 million gold to organize all my junk. (don't judge!):D So I would wager they are doing it just for storage or similar purposes. Sometimes it is easier to empty a home and start over instead. Maybe it would be nice if they have a few pre-made designs that were decent looking and could be used in such a fashion. The brick house comes to mind but it doesn't have max storage.

4. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wish the dirt plot defaulted to match the surrounding map type. Grass. Snow. Swamp etc. Least then they wouldn't look so ugly.

Cyrah, Duncan McDermott and Gidge like this.
  5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Now that's an idea!!!

6. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

I think this is a great idea also. Good thinking!

7. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Reasons for dirt plots.

1. Idoc loot house - idocers will place them to loot a house that is falling close by
    2. Keep/castle blockers - if the house is in a keep or castle spot people will place a plot down to block the placement so they can have a chance at placing themselves or sell to placer
    3. PvPer - a lot of pvpers dont want to customize a house. They just drop a plot, put some bags on the floor and they are good to go.
    4. bugged house - there are a lot of houses that for some reason havent dropped after the account has been turned off.

There are probably more reasons, but those are what i can think of.