1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Uncle Sum wants YOU! *points finger*

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by Guest, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

Hiyas all, red and blue alike. Last fight night was another eye opener, courtesy of BC. It seems they're unwilling to allow the tournaments to take place without a permit. Well, unfortunately I'm highly allergic to permits, so that's out of the question. And I don't have the forces at my disposal to counter them by myself. To that end, I have a proposition...

We need protection. From any player or group that tries to interfere with the tournament. This protection will only be required until the event begins, to allow the fighters and spectators to enter without trouble. There are two ways to do this. One, have entire guilds outside guarding, or two, form a security guild allied with PVPc made up of volunteers willing to PVP for a while and help keep the entrance clear. What we would end up doing is starting at 8:00 eastern gating and begin the event at 9:00. At this point, everyone can be inside, and any evildoers can just sit outside all night. Oh, and btw, dragging a blackrock elly is just as bannable as dragging any other monster, and this time I will page.

If anyone is interested in either option, please PM me and we can exchange ICQ's there. The event is postponed until such a force can be raised, as I'm not intent on sitting in a house watching BC 15v1 everyone who comes in the gate (not to mention dispelling the gates in the first place, that's just rude! hehe). This is kind of a test, also, to see how bad ya'll want it in fel, cause if I can't run the event safely, then, for lack of a better way to put it, "go back to tram" it is. I'd like very much to keep it there, though. I can see it getting pretty popular, and maybe, just maybe, get more folks to walk through those red gates more often?

2. mr crabs

mr crabs Guest

Oh, and btw, dragging a blackrock elly is just as bannable as dragging any other monster, and this time I will page.

huum i thought it was ok to lure in fel but not in tram..

3. ROFL agreed. Luring is completely allowed in FELL!! Gotta give us credit on the bre at least LOL.

BTW I love the fact that you already adopted the math that so many other guilds have used. Except yours is by far the worst one. 15-1 eh? That means if u have 2 people there BC wont show as i havent seen our numbers over 25 in the last year+

4. DaphneJoan

DaphneJoan Guest

I am interested in helping.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, but that was exactly the case. I watched BC camp outside and jump anyone who came, one at a time. 15v1. My math is just fine, hehe. Seeing as how I got 28 BC on my ban list (which makes up my entire ban list), and only 6 were from the first event. Also, didn't know about luring being legal in fel, thanks pumpkin. Guess people will just have to heal on a regular basis.

6. <blockquote><hr>

Sorry, but that was exactly the case. I watched BC camp outside and jump anyone who came, one at a time. 15v1. My math is just fine, hehe. Seeing as how I got 28 BC on my ban list (which makes up my entire ban list), and only 6 were from the first event. Also, didn't know about luring being legal in fel, thanks pumpkin. Guess people will just have to heal on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means I'm bringing my own blackrock elemental. Stop being a hater.

7. SaintSylvia

SaintSylvia Guest

I hear that BC offers protection in the land of fel. You should try and work out a deal with a BC op. I'm sure their prices are fair and they seem to be able to guarantee results.

8. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes the protection offered by BC is reliable, just ask the guilds whom have bought permits in the past like XV, StC and B*R. Their events go off without a hitch and the fees are very affordable. You may want to contact your local BC op and purchase a permit.

9. I have to give a B+ for creativity to BC on using the BRE...
    Who would have thunk them so creative?
    CFC would love to help ya out, but Rooster heard about BC and how they love chicken, now he wont go. [​IMG]
    But seriously, if folks wont jump in to help pull this off, whats the use?
    This is an event FOR the people of Great Lakes.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

As I recall Red Devil/Pratt tried to reopen Red Devils and was met with the about the same reaction..... what really gets me is all the Fel folk who come to the boards and Whine about NO events being held in FEL.... Or cry saying things like "Why can't you hold that in Fel?" Well here you are an event held in Fel.... but not for long? Why ..... poor attitude... either you want Events in Fel or you Don't..... I personally wouldn't give BC 2 gold coins for any protection..... I'd simply get volunteers to do it..... Or I'd move the event to Tram and use warred stones and forget all the Fel Griefing.... There is a reason Events aren't held in Fel anymore..... can't get away from the 10 year old attitude of kill just to kill. Certainly can't accuse many of them of any bit of Maturity now can you? I would say it's appearent that the concept of holding Events in Fel is neat and all but highly impractical and certainly if you as me not worth the bother..... Oh and 15v1....How lame is that? Yeah thats a real challenge and show of skill. Bet that makes them feel very, very skilled at PvP. Good luck.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Aren't BC people of GL??? So when you exclude us from the competition and ban us for no reason , you must then purchase a permit.

Please contact your local BC op for a permit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to refresh your memory of why BC is banned. It happened at the very first fel tournament, during the second fight BC gated in and withered the crowd to death. I opened the tournament to everyone as a show of faith, against the better judgement of everyone, and BC came in and did what they call PVP. This almost ruined the entire event for good, as I haven't managed to get nearly the crowd I had that night. So ya, BC is banned, and no, I will not get a permit. I will leave it up to Great Lakes to decide whether this is worth putting forth some kind of effort to keep.

12. LOL stick the the rping because u know absolutely nothing of fell. I havent seen a post about people in fell whining about events. There already events in fel there called spawns and harrowers.

I guess i should be upset my red wasnt able to attend the pathetic excuse for an event ran by ea.

Also keep believing everything u read here on stratics about it was 15-1. There were plenty of defenders. They are just unorganized and stupid. We fought many guilds there XV was held up in there house just south of ice dungeon. They pushed out,but with the math numbers provided by someone who doesnt have a 10yr old attitude, they only needed 2 people as 15-1 means that we needed 30 people to kill them. Since BC hasnt had 30 ppl on in over a year something tells me someone cant count.....

Once again stick to RP threads, they are more up your alley. Once again show me a thread of people in fell whining about events in fell...

13. SaintSylvia

SaintSylvia Guest

Well then I guess you have sealed this event fate. Because your event is for trammies and we all know they are only it for greed no one will stand up for you.

You probably shouldn't have hosted a pvp event in the first place if you cannot pvp to begin with but atleast you tried.

Good luck in the future I guess this is a dead subject.

14. <blockquote><hr>

but Rooster heard about BC and how they love chicken, now he wont go. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

love to fry it up.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

My event is for trammies? Yep. That's why I brought it to fel, for the trammies. The red ones.

16. What you need to understand Sum to understand BC is that the very idea of solo fighting frightens the majority of them, that is why they decided that rather than join the tourney they would grief it. 99% of them absolutely blow chunks solo and they know it. PM me with the next fight night time and provide me with a set of runes to various locations close to the house and ill log in and grief the griefers. I can guarantee that when I show up they wont send less than three to chase me, and that barring unforseen complications in splitting them off from each other two of those will come back as ghosts

17. I just wish you would move it from friday night!!
    BC always has the most logged in on a friday night, no explanation needed!!!
    Try moving this to thursday and you will have defenders!!!
    I know in my guild there might be two or three logged in vent on a friday night.
    Makes it hard to do much of anything!!

18. DooWootle

DooWootle Guest

Maybe you should contact Ev1L. They seem to be able to stomp BC quite nicely without a lot of effort.

Rach - As we ALL know, Rooster is a coward and a chicken. [​IMG]

Doo

19. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I politely asked you if I could participate in the tournament as a BC member and I was told no and was immediately attacked and killed. So don't give me this line of you banned everyone for a reason. I did not attend your first event and asked to participate in the second...so now after showing your disrespect just pay for a permit and have your event.

As for asking EVIL to help cause they are so Leet...ask them about getting rolled time and time again last night in despise. Even with all the skipping and the quest items it didn't seem to help.

20. Its hard to be brave....when your a chicken!!

21. mist

mist Guest

I agree with Sum. Shouldn't have to pay extortion money just to have an event. Must be some folks out there that don't mind dieing. Mist will be happy to come if you like. Where are all the souls that braved Magincia? Com'on peeps, don't let BC just take over.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Yes the protection offered by BC is reliable, just ask the guilds whom have bought permits in the past like XV, StC and B*R. Their events go off without a hitch and the fees are very affordable. You may want to contact your local BC op and purchase a permit.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...except when Floyd and I roll in and kill 5 or 6 and then kill your guys watchdog. So then you have to bring everyone available to stop us from causing the spawn to revert

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll help...but I dont get here till late now. Around 10pm est :p

24. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

LOL, yea that happens.

25. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...except when Floyd and I roll in and kill 5 or 6 and then kill your guys watchdog. So then you have to bring everyone available to stop us from causing the spawn to revert

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing Floyd is good at is running into the house next to XV castle. Oh and dying.

26. <blockquote><hr>

I politely asked you if I could participate in the tournament as a BC member and I was told no and was immediately attacked and killed. So don't give me this line of you banned everyone for a reason. I did not attend your first event and asked to participate in the second...so now after showing your disrespect just pay for a permit and have your event.

As for asking EVIL to help cause they are so Leet...ask them about getting rolled time and time again last night in despise. Even with all the skipping and the quest items it didn't seem to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there for that one, and your statement is incorrect. YOu had way more numbers then Evil, and they pushed you back NUMEROUS times, and ended up with the scrolls. You may have finished the fight, but for having less numbers - they wiped you out quite well. Hacks or not, they seem to work pretty dang well together.

27. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hacks or not, they seem to work pretty dang well together.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell does that mean? It's ok to hack as long as you're good teammates?

28. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say I supported hacking? No, I simply stated that with or without the hacking - they seem to have good teamwork. You can have all the hacks in the world, and it won't make you a good team player or pvper. I'm by no means supporting hacking, nor does my statement imply that. Maybe you should take what someone says at face value, instead of trying to turn it into something it's not.

29. <blockquote><hr>

I was there for that one, and your statement is incorrect. YOu had way more numbers then Evil, and they pushed you back NUMEROUS times, and ended up with the scrolls. You may have finished the fight, but for having less numbers - they wiped you out quite well. Hacks or not, they seem to work pretty dang well together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember evil pushing the bottom bridge when they finally got on... and at the same time XV and TDR/JW pushing the top bridge. Shard vs BC fights are always fun

30. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember something like that, but you must understand, after what happened the first time, I was, shall we say, skeptical about letting a single BC in. Which is why I banned Sylvia Saint as soon as she stepped on my front steps. Then she was attacked, very much like you, but not by my staff, was one of the spectators (and yes, she killed that person, I know, I know). If I remember correctly, Kahlan Rahl was the one who killed you.

As far as disrespect, I dissed your entire guild, not you personally, so I don't owe you a darn thing [​IMG]

31. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

As far as disrespect, I dissed your entire guild, not you personally, so I don't owe you a darn thing [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever want to have a successful event in Fel you do owe me...I will now be the only person who you may buy an event permit from. So when you want to have your event please let me know so we can work out the financial details of your permit.

Thanks for donating.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm truly sorry I hurt your feelings, fusion. If it will make you feel any better, we can arrange a meeting and I can rub your tummy and tell you everything will be ok. I'll bake you a cake with chocolate sprinkles and strawberry toppings and serve it with some KFC, if you wish.

As far as paying for a permit, well, in all actuality BC collectively got enough insurance money collected from the first one, that they kinda owe me one by now anyways. [​IMG]

33. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say I supported hacking? No, I simply stated that with or without the hacking - they seem to have good teamwork. You can have all the hacks in the world, and it won't make you a good team player or pvper. I'm by no means supporting hacking, nor does my statement imply that. Maybe you should take what someone says at face value, instead of trying to turn it into something it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR, perhaps you should write more clearly when trying to get a point across. I know that is tough for someone from XV to do when all they're good at is casting from the second floor of a castle.

34. I dont even know where to start. I guess i can start by saying that Trammies that get pushed around by BC essentialy deserve it. If your so bitter towards BC why dont you do something about it? Why dont you get oganized? If this event means that much to you take matters into your own hands. If you have as many people interested in this thing as you make it sound then why dont you and the other trammelites make some sacrifices? Instead of doing a lady M or spending the day at WBB or Doom why dont you get your act together and learn to pvp. Im not saying it will be easy but there are plenty of Trammies out there to match BCs numbers. It sounds like you expect other people to take care of your problems instead of being a leader yourself. The average BC isnt all that good. What they do well tho is they band together. The average Trammie isnt all that good at pvp either so u see where im going with this? I have always despised Trammies. Why? Because they left the true UO for a simplistic and uninteractive game to satisfy their own greed and ends and when theres something they want in the real UO they arent willing to fight for it. Love or hate BC if you cant deal with them its your own fault. When will Trammies learn? If you want to play in Fel you better learn to defend yourself by any means possible. If it means you have to put alot of time in raising an army than so be it. Its just how things are in Fel.

35. <blockquote><hr>

I know that is tough for someone from XV to do when all they're good at is casting from the second floor of a castle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that Fazer has taught them all PVP, now he can teach them some sentence structure.

36. SaintSylvia

SaintSylvia Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I remember something like that, but you must understand, after what happened the first time, I was, shall we say, skeptical about letting a single BC in. Which is why I banned Sylvia Saint as soon as she stepped on my front steps. Then she was attacked, very much like you, but not by my staff, was one of the spectators (and yes, she killed that person, I know, I know). If I remember correctly, Kahlan Rahl was the one who killed you.

[/ QUOTE ]

See lesson here is BC didn't start it. We only defended ourselves from others. I simply came by to wish everyone well and to see the action since I don't play much. But when your guest decided to attack that started the event off. We had planned to ignore your event that night since we had other plans.

37. Guest

Guest Guest

it submitted twice..

38. Bent

Bent Guest

Wow I do know where to begin with your statements .

A)You must be a rocket scientist.

B)I started 5 Years ago and so did a LOT of the playerbase now .A LOT of players were attracted to this game because of the PVM and they are what makes this game still run.(their money or this game would be done)

C)Because they primarily play in tram does not make them worse or lesser players.Actaully it would surprise you to see how many of them would whoop you 1v1 .

D)And as for Sum Yung having people to defend this night is that not exactly what this post is asking for?(did you eat paint chips as a child?)

E)If this is a PvP tournament why are you calling everybody entering trammies ?In your infinite wisdom could you please define the term trammie for me ?

F)I put it all in point form for you so you can have a better chance of understanding all these new concepts!

39. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Wow I do know where to begin with your statements .

A)You must be a rocket scientist.

B)I started 5 Years ago and so did a LOT of the playerbase now .A LOT of players were attracted to this game because of the PVM and they are what makes this game still run.(their money or this game would be done)

C)Because they primarily play in tram does not make them worse or lesser players.Actaully it would surprise you to see how many of them would whoop you 1v1 .

D)And as for Sum Yung having people to defend this night is that not exactly what this post is asking for?(did you eat paint chips as a child?)

E)If this is a PvP tournament why are you calling everybody entering trammies ?In your infinite wisdom could you please define the term trammie for me ?

F)I put it all in point form for you so you can have a better chance of understanding all these new concepts!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Very nicely done. [​IMG]

40. Guest

Guest Guest

Bent kinda beat me to it, hehe.

Karl, since everyone has their own definition of a trammie, I won't go there. But, let's see if you can get this one. PVP Club. Do trammies PVP? No. They primarily PVM. Is it called the PVM Club? No. If it were a trammie event, it would be held in *drumroll* Tramell. In the interest of helping you out, I'll leave it to you to connect the dots. Maybe you're under the assumption that only trammies put on events. Why is it so hard to comprehend a sponsored event in Fel? Probably because it doesn't happen hardley at all.

And yes, I am trying to raise a militia to defend the tournament. The primary staff of PVPc consists of three people, myself, Rach and Nameless Mule. Rach is an undeveloped bookie, Nameless Mule is, well, a Mule. I'm the only one who's even close to being set up to PVP, and truth be told, I suck on a mage. So, one crappy mage PVPer vs a dozen or so trained, organized BC just ain't good odds. Like bringing a knife to a nuclear warhead fight.

Sylvia, if what you say is true, my apologies. I was actually intending on coming outside to chat before that archer attacked ya. I can verify that you came alone. But as far as a permit goes, I cannot do that, for the simple reason that it would, at least in my eyes, ruin PVPc's credibility. What's the point in PVP if you're gonna pay people to not kill you?

41. <blockquote><hr>

But as far as a permit goes, I cannot do that, for the simple reason that it would, at least in my eyes, ruin PVPc's credibility. What's the point in PVP if you're gonna pay people to not kill you?

[/ QUOTE ]

And the point of a tournament that only certain people can participate in is what?

42. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, I gotta call you on that one. BC made it abundantly clear on the night of the first tournament that they did not want to take part in the tournament, only grief it. Like I said before, I opened my doors to everyone, provided they behave. BC drew first blood, and are now banned. It was their choice, not mine. They even tried it again the second night. I had even entertained the idea of having BC sponsor one, being a prominent PVP guild. No sir, BC is not allowed because they don't want to be a part of it, they want to destroy it.

43. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OR, perhaps you should write more clearly when trying to get a point across. I know that is tough for someone from XV to do when all they're good at is casting from the second floor of a castle.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like lumping everyone in BC as rude SOB's with no respect, or all of TDR as no talent dex monkeys... Which, I can tell you that there are alot of really great people in BC, and TDR has some very talented mages.... so that would kind of trump your little statement. You can't lump every person in with what some of there guild does. Does my guild, at times, fight from the castle? Yes, when outnumbered normally. I personally refuse to house fight, which is why you'll never see Shiva or Valen Darkwood at the top of the castle casting flamestrike. BC fights from there house, TDR would if anyone cared enough to fight at there place, and Evil... well - who knows lol.

So, to end this little rant.... Your statements are ********, and have no backing. You seem to enjoy bringing down guilds, and when you can't do that - you try to tell people that YOUR interpretation of someone's writing is the there own fault lol. I can't help that you seak out drama in people's posts... sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here. [​IMG]

44. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

You're right Lightning, it is crazy to expect XV to come outside and fight when they almost always outnumber everyone. You do ally anyone that is willing to.

45. <blockquote><hr>

You're right Lightning, it is crazy to expect XV to come outside and fight when they almost always outnumber everyone. You do ally anyone that is willing to.

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughs* again.. your just FISHING for things to say. Never did I say that it was a "crazy idea" to fight outside of the castle. 95% of the time we are out in the field fighting constantly. Do we lose? *laughs* Yep... but we win to, and have fun.

Second, the whole allying thing... again - untrue. We have denied quite a few guilds alliances.

This will be my last post defending XV. We have a blast, keep bashing and hating for whatever reason. I'm not sure what is stuck up your *%$, but to be honest - I really could care less. Have fun, and let me know what your character name is - so you can be first on my list [​IMG]

See you on the field!

46. Piehunter

Piehunter Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughs* again.. your just FISHING for things to say. Never did I say that it was a "crazy idea" to fight outside of the castle. 95% of the time we are out in the field fighting constantly. Do we lose? *laughs* Yep... but we win to, and have fun.

Second, the whole allying thing... again - untrue. We have denied quite a few guilds alliances.

This will be my last post defending XV. We have a blast, keep bashing and hating for whatever reason. I'm not sure what is stuck up your *%$, but to be honest - I really could care less. Have fun, and let me know what your character name is - so you can be first on my list [​IMG]

See you on the field!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'll see you in color, you'll see me in typical XV gray.

47. <blockquote><hr>

That's like lumping everyone in BC as rude SOB's with no respect [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another BC sympathizer.

48. And again I'll ask.. what's your character name. Wow, for someone who likes to pick at someone's posts, your sure not very good at answering direct questions.

49. <blockquote><hr>

And again I'll ask.. what's your character name. Wow, for someone who likes to pick at someone's posts, your sure not very good at answering direct questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems I said same thing last week, and you said..Drama..Drama..Drama!
    I feel yer pain tho..I have same problem with a stalker on my end.
    BTW how the Hell are ya Garton?

50. Guest

Guest Guest

Lets see if i can Break this down a bit!! 1. Sum would like to host a pvp fight in Feluca. Hmm, sounds like a fun night. 2. BC is harrassing the Tournement and wants a Permit (lol). Sounds to me BC not only has Zero Class, But try being the bully of Great Lakes. Ive seen BC live and Die, as much as the next guild. The only difference is The Admitance of the death. They wont tell they've lost. Thats against there rules of the guild LOL. If ya ask me Sum, I would just host the event in a different location each week. Hand runes out to the Fighters you know would show up, and take the chances with a few gates. Once BC gets bored They will leave ina hurry. Or outnumbered, The only way they engauge in a fight is when there numbers devour the competition. Of coarse this is only my opinion. Oh and before the Posts really hit the Fan!!!. Yes Ive killed BC, ALot, Yes ive been ganked by BC, Alot. Its feluca , it happens, Live or die, Its all about the fun!!! I dont have 2496 Longterms for no reason after all!!! And BTW, Yes im a stealth archer, And yes i can kill any template depending on the diceroll. So lets hear something original Next. Not the same Contact your Local BC Whatever!!
    Thx for the great times Lizzy Borden!!!!