1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Undead Race.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mr Artifact, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Mr Artifact

Mr Artifact Guest

i strongly feel the more races the better and i was thinking of an idea for a new race one day in the future an Undead Race. i think it would be pretty cool if we could have an undead character race maybe with a few differnt looks as an option or just one look. one possable look might look like a skeleton or a zombie or a lich lord or a vampire or maybe something else just a thought any or all will do.

2. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Run UOKR, find a Body Scuplter and change youself into the undead for free.. Have fun.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah, we already got Lich Form and Vampire Form (Too bad they nerfed Vampire Form for Necro/Mages though). I used to RP a Vampire awhile back (Before AoS), when i was in Vampires of Carafax (V*C).

They still need to introduce a Orc Race, and they are supposed to introduce the Gargoyle Race if/when Stygian Abyss comes out. Gargoyles are supposed to be able to Fly. From what i remember, you won't be able to transform an existing char into a Gargoyle, you'd have to create a new one (Sounds like EA trying to sell Character Slot upgrades.)

4. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!!!?

What the hell do you speak of?! I've seen a body sculpter just passing by and wondered wtf they were. I must have missed the boat on this one.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds interesting...

Kinda makes me want to download KR and give it a try...but all that patching! :/

6. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

Are revenants undead? If so, they would FOR SURE win a race against other undead.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, Revenants are Undead.

8. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

Well then, I got 10 large on the revs.

9. Undead isn't a race, it's a state of being.

The fact that WoW made an undead race says volumes about their silly game...

10. Mr Artifact

Mr Artifact Guest

i diddnt know wow has an undead race i never tried it i was trying to be original anyway i think uo is a great game.

11. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Man could you stop all the ideas here all teh ideas are strait from WOW, youi like it so much go play it stop trying to turn UO into WOW!!

Your fishing idea is strait fmro wow the undead race is from WOW
    Give It A Rest

Ideas belong in teh Ideas forum

12. Mr Artifact

Mr Artifact Guest

why dont you get your facts straight you dont even know me i have never played wow, i dont even know jack about wow and i have no intention to play wow even if uo ended tommorow i still wouldnt play wow. these are all ideas i thought up myself original or not so give it a rest.

13. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Papa Romeo Uniform November Echo Delta [​IMG]

14. Mr Artifact

Mr Artifact Guest

Papa Romeo Uniform November Echo Delta

15. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

i strongly feel the more races the better and i was thinking of an idea for a new race one day in the future an Undead Race. i think it would be pretty cool if we could have an undead character race maybe with a few differnt looks as an option or just one look. one possable look might look like a skeleton or a zombie or a lich lord or a vampire or maybe something else just a thought any or all will do.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, I'm 99% sure vampires were never apart of Ultima. Neither were playable undead. The reason for this is Ultima Online was designed to allow humans to be humans in a fantasy world.

The second problem is that people love to "help" Ultima by offering suggestions that do their best to convert Ultima into every other fantasy world. Hey dwarves are in Warcraft, let's add those to Ultima, that'll attract people! This is silly. The more you make this game similar to other worlds, the less reasons people in those other have to leave.

Considering that undead are usually brought to life via dark and evil magic (or plagues) they wouldn't be fitting as "blue" characters.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Undead isn't a race, it's a state of being.

The fact that WoW made an undead race says volumes about their silly game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually.. the WoW Fallen/Undead are/were Humans. It's even described as such in their lore.

Fuzzies for the Win!

~Rai

17. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That comment made me laugh!! RTFM FTW!!!

Anyway I took some shots of the available KR races.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

You can have an undead character now.

Load up KR

Go to Body Sculptor

Choose Undead

Viola... your character is now an undead.

19. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

You can have an undead character now.

Load up KR

Go to Body Sculptor

Choose Undead

Viola... your character is now an undead.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pity those meer and juka were only body paints rather than a decently created and seperate race... much better candidates than elves.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Personally, I'd rather see ALL player races being nothing more than "body paints" in UO. Since we already have the freedom to build our characters any way we wish, trying to keep "racial abilities" enjoyable yet balanced is just another monkey wrench to throw into the works.

Let people use the "body paints" and roleplay the character/race. It's worked for 10 years so far for a LOT of people.

21. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have top agree with Dermott of LS, I think the race thing should be more for RPing than abilities, although I do love my elves. Shrugs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I have top agree with Dermott of LS, I think the race thing should be more for RPing than abilities, although I do love my elves. Shrugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing about that, is that these "races" from the body scultpures, are also "unofficial". It's for RP purposes and nothing more really.

Just like people used to roleplay elves back in teh day, it was never official until Mondain's Legacy. So if I chose to ignore it, that was fine. Just like if they chose to RP it (no matter how weak I thougth the idea) it didn't hinder anyone else.

It kept both parties happy. Those who agreed with Ultima's human (only) exploration and those who didn't agree and wanted gargoyles, orcs, meer and juka to become playable.

23. KR sucks. The body sculptor is a cute idea, but not enough to make me actually use that client.

24. Agreed.

I'll go one further.

UO sucks and that is why I refuse to use either client.

Till I see something new(SA), EA won't get another penny from me.

25. I was just saying undead is a state... human is a race. Saying you're race is undead is kinda like saying your race is "living"

26. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I was just saying undead is a state... human is a race. Saying you're race is undead is kinda like saying your race is "living"

[/ QUOTE ]

But what Raina was trying to express is that the undead in Warcraft call themselves the Forsaken Undead. They don't consider themselves a part of the human race anymore. They are the forsaken. Technically they are undead humans, but they don't refer to themselves nor consider themselves as that race.