1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Undead Spawn Housing - EA NEEDS TO CLARIFY

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pan Arcane, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What are the regulations regarding the housing in Undead spawns?

I see a bunch of terrible zerg players on Atlantic that have the steps of theirs collided with the altar, literally.

But you do x amount of months of closed and open beta testing and fail to tackle such an basic issue as house placement in a spawn area.

Are these houses legal or not? PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW NOW before you go do mass deletions for your own screwup.

2. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

They are if your talking about the Very old homes placed long long ago. But I let someone else answer.

3. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am talking about houses placed today.

Hold on I will attach a screenshot.

4. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

EA

[​IMG]

Legal or not?

If not, do tell what is legal - fix the house placement areas as done in all other lands and revert to this morning on all shards, its only fair to those that condemned their houses doing this.

5. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Oh ok guess they never fixed that. No worries the house will have to be taken down at next patch. It's not that it's illegal it's just buged so they will definetly fix it placing a no housing zone area there. It was actually quite funny in beta lol.

6. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ok but what about the houses placed on the other side of the wall near where you teleport in. Are they OK because they are not technically near the spawn altar?

And players that have their houses condemned for this, are their houses going to get switched back? Its unfair that their houses were condemned for something that is a result of the dev team's incompetance.

Thats why I say a full game revert is in order.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Doubtfull.

8. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't worry. All those homes will be deleted if they aren't taken down and those players with condemned houses will have to fix it themselves. They won't get any help because they knew they shouldn't have placed houses there.

It's still embarrassing they were allowed to place there.

9. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, they didn't "know" they shouldn't have placed houses there. The option was available to them. These houses could probably sell huge.

10. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Unless they do a revert which is very unlikely the condemned homes will remained condem. Now am surprise homes where able to be placed at all other than the ones by the city because Draconi said he wasn't going to enable it yet. As the homes on the other side well that is just gonna be shaky grounds for now so it can go either way. Might even get that revert if couple of more major issue arises.
    But thats my opinion and what I know. The Dev. will do what they intended to do.

11. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, I'm off to sell my tower for 100 mill now. :) Thanks EA.

12. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Very true but not knowing has never being a good defense with the UO dev.
    They should get ready to transfer there condem houses to another account or friend so they won't lose there spots

13. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I dont think they should be reimbursed, or a revert should happen, look at that house Its built strictly for fighting from in a champ spawn area, the placer is trying to get a upper hand at spawns and in fact should loose his old house if its condemned and this/house's in area should be deleted.

14. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

K but biggest scam ever.

I place a tower. Sell it to some trammy for 100 mill. GMs go deleting it. Then what?

It's lose-lose at this point.

I'm not this greedy in nature but the idea is pretty sick. The devs need to handle this one well.

15. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

You got it. Happens all the time. The temporaly drop of guard zones as a recent example.
    Though any player that has 100mil to spare should be smart enough to spot a dangerous deal.

16. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Not legal. Yes, they will be deleted. Do not buy them.

17. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I made the owner tear it down.

I discovered this earlier today and informed a developer. They stated it was going to be fixed soon. You are not supposed to be able to place in that area.

18. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Being one that placed a house like this - unknowingly that it was not legal , as my tower is in a fairly logical place and not nose to nose with the altar, could you arrange for me to page in and have my keep uncondemned? It's not my fault but I will oblige by removing the house.

19. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Remmeber say Bugged or not fixed before publish. Not legal sounds too evil.

20. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I hope not, fix it your self. You placed in an area thinking you were gonna make bank, even set up as a pvp house, your out of your mind if you think they will fix your house. The way that house was designed it was intended to be taken advantage of the situation. How many spawns you chain while the house was up from the house?

21. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

lol , unintentional would be a better word.

22. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I don't PvP from a house, I PvP on a field where the game is meant to be played. Thanks.

23. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the clarification BTW Regine. I like the expansion so far. I just think this is a real issue that could've been avoided before launch.

24. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Anyone who condemned their house to do that deserves it. Anyone with a working brain cell would know that isn't a legal house placement.

25. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

There were some spots in there that were nowhere near creatures, even while the spawn was running. The game should've stopped people from placing in a non-house zone, so it is reasonable to expect certain things be restored for both sides. This is now production, not a beta test shard. Lives are at stake!

26. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Is it unreasonable for players to use some resemblance of common sense?
    Just because you *can* do something doesn't mean you *should*. :dunce:

27. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It was within the boundaries of the game mechanics. Acceptable while it lasted.

28. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Wow...so a half dozen people tell you not to do it, and you do it anyway? Now you want special favors to fix your own borderline ******** decision making skills? Sorry, I don't think so.

(btw...its funny watching you watch us.)

@Sak...exorcism does not work at champs either with the current *housing* ruleset in place.

29. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

So bugged game mechanics you know are iffy makes it ok? Or is it the fact that you pwned your own keep to place an iffy house that makes it ok?

:thumbdown:

30. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, I placed the house on the opposite side of the wall before I went on Atlantic to check if I could place a tower in the same spot there to sell, then I stumbled upon the idiocy of a placement on the altar (which has resulted in tiles from the altar itself being deleted upon its removal) and realised there was a problem.

31. Amber Moon

Amber Moon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

LOL :lol:

How likely is that?

Exihibit #1 - This thread

32. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

I was told this story on Pac by a Luna City mall house owner.

Word got out that Zento was now being scanned by a search website, so logically that meant that Zento properties would now be worth the same as Luna City properties.

I owned 2 Zento properties, but decided not to renew the account that the smaller one was on because it was a trial account that was not upgraded to ML and even though I had paid for it once or twice I really wanted to use an ML upgraded account to hold houses with.

Using some info from the Idoc Faq over on Homes and Castles forums I allowed my smaller Zento house to become OSI owned thinking that I could remove the rental vendors I had there at 2 am and the old plot would fall instantly so I could replace with my ML upgraded trial account.

It didn't work!

I pulled the rental vendors but the house didnt fall instantly, instead it followed normal decay rules and fell late one afternoon, a couple hours outside normal Pac Idoc fall times.

There were 2 other people there when it finally fell and I missed the placement.

The guy who placed owns a Luna City vendor house. He placed using the same account that owns the Luna City vendor house, which put that house into decay.

Now, he sold the small Zento house (my old OSI) for 100 million almost right away, but his Luna City vendor house was still decaying, and due to some financial issues irl, he had no other account to transfer the Luna City property to.

He called EA customer support and:

They not only STOPPED his Luna City vendor house from decaying they GAVE him FOR FREE the 20% extra storage that they sell on UOGamecodes.

Call EA customer service because if it works for one it should work for all.

But maybe you need to own a Luna City vendor house to get the special treatment?

33. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

i really dont see that story beeing true

34. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't pretend to be more stupid than you are.

35. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

ha - that's pretty funny actually

36. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

How the hell can you place a house in a frigging DUNGEON CHAMP SPAWN "accidentally"? You did something you shouldn't have and it will be rectified. Suck it up.

37. Pan Arcane

Pan Arcane Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It happened on Retribution and no stop was put to it, and the problem was not rectified for launch. One could assume such house placement was legal as the game allowed for it. It's nobody's fault but EA/Mythic's.

There is no stupidity here, I'm 10x more productive and 100x more dominant as a UO player than you. Thanks.

38. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

You have played UO for how long? Just because it "was not fixed" does not equate to "this is ok to do" it has LONG been known that placement of houses in no housing zones during beta are not fixed by launch, this means that you knew it was a dungeon zone, that equates to a no housing zone and did it anyway and expect them to think you "didn't know any better"? You claim no stupidity there, but really....rethink about it.

And its funny you say you are 10x more productive and 100x more dominant, but where is the proof? All of your posts in this thread would lead us to believe other wise.

39. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

where is keep idoc on origin i will watch it for yah :)

40. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Clear enough?

42. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Are you kidding?

43. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kelmo beat me to it, but I'll say it outright anyway. Apparently someone on Siege caught a 72 hour ban for this little stunt (I think the placement was the same are)

44. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

If you see one of these houses please page an in game GM to fully investigate the issue. We recommend that players DO NOT purchase these homes.

45. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Mythic never sleeps...

46. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

sleep is for the weak!

47. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I've heard that somewhere recently...

:p