1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UNF Ballooned to 429 members?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by JC the Builder, Jun 10, 2009.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone know why that is? The largest guilds on Atlantic had been hovering around 300-330 for a long time. Now I go and check the guild page and notice UWF is way up there.

http://town.uo.com/guilds/shard_0.html

2. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

Of course I know...

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'm not really sure, but it's been that way for a good while now.

4. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

It has been that way fro a bit now, but I have been noticing a lot of "new people" joining up, that or people who had their tag off are now showing it...also while sitting idle in haven I noticed someone spamming about recruitment or some other such thing for UWF, could be why...or maybe not, just my thoughts

5. Mirage

Mirage Guest

Shoot. My guild has four characters in it!

But why is it important that UWF has so many characters? They have been gradually growing for some time now.

Mir

6. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I thought they were around 150 a couple months ago. That would be a lot of growth.

7. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

8. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

they were always around the high 200s or even right at 300 every time i've looked.
    but they've always been a guild that helps out new players, helps them learn the game etc. so recruiting in new haven/adding new players isn't really shocking.

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

trammies and newbs will always flock to large banners as such guilds offer protection whilst players learn basic skills.

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Feluccans and Veterans too if the guild listings are any indication...

11. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Frankly guild listings mean...little. A veteran player ostensibly means that one can cap out on their skill points. Now you and I both know that becoming an actual "veteran" player takes longer than that.

Additionally, I have previously been in guilds where some of the guild members had as many as 11 or even more different alternates.

In keeping within the topic, UWF has had a few hundred members or more for some time.

12. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Maybe it has something to do with the Trammel brit Bank camp contest? :eek:

13. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

They guild anyone. They sit in New Haven and convince every new player they are greatest thing since a slice of bread.

14. Alagos Galadrim

Alagos Galadrim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It's because they are a really good/helpful guild. They have always been polite and respectful when I have dealt with them - Some of the other large guilds have members that are very rude to outsiders, and will even attempt to kill anyone who says hi to them in Fel.

Not saying they are the only good big guild - From personal experience, LNR members have been good people too. Keep at it UWF! I got nothing but respect for you guys.

15. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I'm an emissary in UWF. We guild all types - new players and vets. We offer nightly hunts and a host of unofficial events throughout the day. On our forums, we have lots of power training tips and such. We're an adult guild and, whenever possible, we try to heighten the fun and lessen the drama.

We don't drop books or runes or anything. We have one member, animal, who recruits in New Haven a lot. Otherwise, people typically approach us. I've never directly asked someone if they wanted to join and I'd say I guild maybe 3-4 new members every week.

Yet, truthfully, as has been stated previously, numbers don't mean much. Plus, our membership ebbs and flows, just like in any other guild. If people like us, they stay; if they don't, they go. :)

Not saying we're the best there is, either. As a PvM guild, we're obviously not everyone's cup of tea. Also, some people like a smaller, tighter-knit community. There is room for all types on Atlantic. :)

Personally, I like it because I have friends there.

As far as us being trammies, I'd say that's a fair blanket statement, insofar as blanket statements are fair. Though, I think our members with alts in HOT, HEAT, LNR, and COL would take offense.

As for why we've grown...I think it has to do with our flexibility. Unlike LLTS, we don't require that people guild all of their toons. Our members can be in any guild that want to be in. Moreover, no meeting or hunt is mandatory. We realize that people are paying to play a game - we try not to interfere with this dynamic. Finally, as an adult guild, we only have three basic rules: 1) Don't PK guildies, 2) Don't steal from guildies, and 3) Don't cuss in guild chat. Easy to join, helpful members, flexible rules, lots of hunts...I 'spose that's how we've ended up growing so large.

16. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

sounds like all newbs and trammies to me.

17. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

LOL. Fair. :p

But really, we have a few good ones who've gotten bored w/ the current state of PvP. Again, room for all types in UWF.