1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Universal Thunderdome

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by mutau, Nov 3, 2009.

1. mutau

mutau Guest

I like that idea.

A portal/ gate that would take you to a common area that is accessible to all shards in some secluded (HUGE) area in Fel so that whole guilds could duke it out.

And it would be free, cause you're not able to venture out, like to WBB or the rest of the world. You're only in that one area but its huge.

2. Re: Farewell Pacific!

Like a duel arena, rollerball like lol, 2 teams enter 1 team leaves. Get in que with your challenge to another guild on another shard,

have it like when you do a mel, anyone in the party will be teleported to the arena only with what they have equipped on them.

Have easily penetrable strongholds possibly, to protect your resources and res ppl, but not too string as to lengthen the battle too long with sieges.

sry, went OT

3. mutau

mutau Guest

Re: Farewell Pacific!

I like those ideas. especially the queue. You never know who you're gonna fight with. Thunderdome style but open to any shard.:)

I think one of the restriction would be, no pets. You have to dismount and walk through the gate.

Might be a great topic to discuss on UHall and send to the Devs.

4. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

I love this: Its probably a pipe dream, but we should make a uhaul petition for it anyway.

Certified, and confirmed guilds, should get 'bases' to defend. Not houses that can be hid in, but bases, that can be held defensively, and subsequently, can also be crushed!

5. When I read this thread, I get that GLADIATOR theme in my head!!!

They could let the competing guilds pay entry to the "thunderdome" with UO gold, who knows what a fair entry fee would be per team (X) mill a team of 5-10-20 , and charge the audience gold to buy a seat!!!! have a DEV vendor sucking uo gold out of the saturated pool of billionaires, standing at yew gate selling tickets to watch for a certain time period, acting like a herald, shouting out who is on the fight card!!!! charge ppl like (X)k a seat

6. Great Idea.. soooo whos going to post it on UHall??

7. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That is how World of Warcraft PvP is done in Battlegrounds and Arena's between multiple shards. Teams are rated as well in Arena's. They would have to limit how many people who go into a battle ground like wow or it would be lag city im afraid.

8. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds pretty sexy. :danceb:

9. MasterP

MasterP Guest

yeah all they would have to do it make it so you cant loot or trade items or drop anything on the ground there so xsharding cant be exploited and would own....

10. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

BRILLIANT idea, I hav to admit that came from someone...

However how would you deal with Lag issues and times that people play... The universal field would have to have ONE set time and ONE set place for the server... So it's it's not in West Coast, we are all ****ed.

11. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

build the dome server in COLORADO! WOO WOOOOT! Then Gemma and Morgaine and the likes of other unfortunate middle of nowhere players can finally have the ping-boots for once!

12. mutau

mutau Guest

No build it in Hawaii so that we can get the Asian shards in on this too. :)

13. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

hAH!
    are you proposing that EA/Mythic buys a sattalite??

14. mutau

mutau Guest

HM. there might be one they can piggy back.
    just imagine the Town hall meetings here tho?

I was told that the best way to get the Devs' attention would be posting the idea in a feedback form.
    The biggest obstacle would be the Ping.

Maybe add other restrictions, such as weight limitations or # of items in bag, or even what is allowed in the bag ie fighting supplies only.

15. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Couldn't it just be continuous? Like it doesn't happen at just one time but all day long? There might be a time that is the best for "better" battles, but I think there wouldn't be a big deal in making it all the time so people could always participate.

16. AireS

AireS Guest

How would they solve the item transfer problem? i.e.

Person from shard A hands off something to person from shard B?
    or
    Person from shard A drops something on the ground...person from shard B picks it up?

I guess make it so that anything dropped on the ground disappears instantely, and trading is not allowed? Then what happens to looting when you need those extra stam pots?

17. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

Juvi already said it:

no looting,
    no dropping items,
    no trading items.

done deal.

18. AireS

AireS Guest

sorry i should have seen that, i dont usually read the complete thread =/ Usually to much garbage statements to sift though.

19. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

agreed. didn't mean to sound condescending, simply pointing out the facts. Sorry if i did.

20. mutau

mutau Guest

http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

That is the Feedback form that you should use to send the idea to the Devs.

Whoever sends it, maybe get more feedback from the guys here and get the rules down pretty well before sending it in.

Good luck!

21. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

Sorry, I didn't read your comment correctly Tesla. TT_TT

22. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

I agree with you... this would rock... as long as it was continuous as there are so many different shards/time zones involved. That way everyone could go when they wanted to... not stay up till 6am to meet the time zone hosting it.

23. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

That is completely possible, but the lag would suck depending on where you put it.