1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unlinking UO Account From EA Master Account

Discussion in 'UHall' started by thejammonster, Mar 4, 2014.

1. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Long story short, my main account is linked to my friend's EA master account because he linked it a few years ago when he wanted to see what was going on in UO. He gave me his EA account password so that I could reactivate it and poke around after ~5 years of time away from the game. Obviously this is not ideal with my billing info tied to his account.

Who do I need to contact to unlink an account (directions needed from my friend's perspective so he can unlink it and give it to me)? I found some 2-3 year old threads about this through some Googling but never found a good answer. When I chatted, then called, EA they said it was not possible, though I know it is from past threads. Are there any specific contact numbers, emails, individuals, etc. that may prove more helpful? Maybe a new contact through Broadsword, despite the account stuff still going through EA Mythic? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I know it was a few posts about this not long ago. I did manage to unlink one account and link it to another account - but I had to email Mesanna. [email protected]

Maybe you could manage to do it via support - not sure. But you have to send the email from the mythic master acc email address that you are unlinking from - and also say what acc.. that will be uoaccname_uo and to whom it should be linked.

Good luck.

3. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the reply, I will try an email to support and Mesanna. If anyone else has ideas please post them.

4. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I unlinked an account by calling Mythic Customer Support. But since Broadsword is now in charge, Mesanna would be your best bet. I'm sure you could go through Broadsword Customer Support, but don't even know what the contact number is.

5. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah there is no phone contact information from Broadsword, at least not that I could find. They mentioned that the billing would not be changing, so it may still be worth a shot. In the meantime I emailed Mesanna. Thanks!

6. CountSilverbow

CountSilverbow Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

the question is were you able to get it linked to your own mythic master account then and how did you do this

7. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, on the Mythic account page you go to the Link Accounts tab. The master account name is <UOAcct>_uo (example: smith123_uo). If you forgot the password like I did (it isn't the same PW as anything else) you can reset it here: https://accounts.eamythic.com/forgotpassword

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!