1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unravel Calculator is not entirely working

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by Innessa, May 2, 2013.

1. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

I changed my settings to reflect Human/Elf and Queen's Forge, but even so, when i highlight some items i get from covetous, they state that they will be unravelled into Enchanted Essence, but they actually unravel into relic frags. I have had a piece that stated it was ~700 weight and showed up as enchanted essence, but when i unravel that, it gives me a relic frag because the weight is so high. Also, some of the items it says will be a relic fragment actually end up being enchanted essence.

Basically, i have to ignore whats it telling me, and just pick up anything with a high ~weight (i usually take anything 500 or over) since they typically become relic frags.

120 imbuing, human, queens soulforge.

Just saying, theres something wrong with the calculator.

Other than that, i love the work you are doing, your program is just amazing. Thanks.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you are using it on crafted items, there is no way to make it works correctly, because there is no way to detect all the bonus from gm+ skills that usually have no weight.
    On loot it works fine.

3. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

Nope. its all on loot from covetous. i get pieces with over 700 weight that sometimes show as enchanted essence and sometimes as relic fragments. It's definitely buggy.

in fact, ill go get some more loot and take a screenshot before and after unravel to prove it.

#3 Innessa, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  4. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

OK heres a screenshot showing the issue. Its clearly showing that it should unravel into enchanted essence, even though its weight is ~817. That is wrong. it actually unravels into a relic fragment. Settings are set to human/elf and queens soulforge.

See what i mean?

[​IMG]

#4 Innessa, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you are mistaking the imbuing intensity with the unravel intensity. Those are 2 different things:
    - Imbuing intensity is the one you see in the imbuing gump when you try to imbue something.
    - Unravel intensity cannot be seen and is counted automatically server side to determine what you get when you unravel an item.

The unravel intensity is totally different from the imbuing intensity and is scaled down by many factors. The chance of error is pretty low and is determined only by misreading of certain properties (I don't think there are any in this case).

6. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

OK so 2 questions then.

1) Why does it say "Enchanted Essence"? What does that mean if not what you would get from it when unravelling? In this case, you actually get a relic fragment.
    2) How do i tell what it will unravel into if not from that window? Is there another method?

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The name IS what you get, and is precise as much as possible, but the imbuing weight is not the value used for unraveling.

#7 Pinco, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  8. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

Understood about the imbuing weight. But i am telling you that many objects i get from covetous do not unravel into what your UI is telling me it will unravel into. Like the above object which unravelled into a relic fragment, not enchanted essence.

I'm not arguing with you here, im just telling you that the calculator, while working alot of the time, is not working in some cases.

Can you post the formula you use for estimating the unravelling ingredient and the weights you use for calculating weight?

#8 Innessa, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The calculators are not perfect for several reasons.

1.) is that the negative properties don't seem to be accounted for.
    2.) is that there seems to be some properties that are not counted (poison eater?)
    3.) is that there seems to still be some random factors involved and given that - there will always be some variances.

The calculators do give a good approximation - but are not perfect.

10. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

yeah, thats what i figure as well. it works pretty well, but definitely should not be your only criteria on determining whether to try to unravel something or not.

11. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The formula is too complex, and is very possible that loses some digit (since lua is not the best for math) and this will cause the imperfections especially when the result is on the edge between relic and essence.
    if you want a more precise value, ask the devs to make that data in the item properties by default... :p

it does count all the properties (negative and poison eater included), and yes, there seems to be a random factor