1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Unraveling Arties for Relic Fragments

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by hawkeye_pike, Oct 31, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

One question:
    If I unravel certain artifacts, do I always get a relic fragment? Or does it depend on my imbuing skill whether I will receive a relic fragment? Or is it random?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it depends on a few things from what I have seen
    1 it depends on what race you are gargoyles have increased chance! some artifacts will turn into frags for them but not for other races (not tested this but this is what I have seen others post)
    2 the soul forge seems to make a difference I was making items that could not turn into frags at home but would at the queens !
    3 the imbuing skill also seems to make a difference

now with all this said this was before the last patch so not sure what all was changed in the patch so these may not hold true now ! and I have not been able to test do to RL !

3. Fink

Fink Guest

I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/4812/imbuing_unravel_artifact.html

The legend at the top says:

1 = Ter Mur Soulforge bonus
    2 = Racial Bonus for Gargoyles
    3 = Queen's Soulforge bonus

You total these numbers for your bonus factor

The arties with Relic Fragment (+1), for example, require a total bonus factor of 1 to get a relic, meaning if you're human you'll need at least Ter Mur's bonus. (+3) means you need the queen's bonus, or you could be a garg in Ter Mur. (+4) or more means if you're human you have no chance at a relic and you'll get essence.

4. Ommy2k7

Ommy2k7 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Do you get Fragments from Cursed Arti's?