1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unravelling boots and shoes into leather ??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Nov 3, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This was a surprise to me, when I tried using scissors on boots and shoes to unravel them into leather I got this message

Is it that scissors are the wrong tool to unravel (uhu ??) or that boots and shoes cannot be unravelled into leather ?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

lol... its always easy to know what you are doing in games popps. ;)

But no, you cant unravel them, and yes they are annoying.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Thing is, that I recall reading some fishing post of people either suggesting to unravel them into leather or that they were doing it (can't recall which...).

I imagined it was possible since a whole lot of things can be unravelled and I do not see why boots and shoes would be different.......

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Posts you have seen from fishermen will have advised selling them to a cobbler or putting them in sea serpent corpses. That's what we've been doing with them for years.
    However I've just been given a better idea and have just started the bonding process on a goat by feeding it a pair of sandals.

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I vaguely recall the same post popps saw. I wonder if maybe the fisherman was a legendary tailor using a salvage bag.

6. popps

popps Always Present

I did try use the scissors with my Legendary tailor but it did not work either.

I wonder whether this is a problem of the proper tool being used to unravel boots and shoes or whether it just is not possible to do.......