1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unravelling Loot for Relic Fragments

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lynk, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't understand how to figure this one out. I thought it was if an item has over 450% intensity it was a relic fragment.

If this is the case I don't understand why unravelling things at the queen's forge gives you a better chance at relic frags? What % intensity to items have to be at the queens forge to get a relic?

I do dread horns for my relics and I just feel like I'm missing some opportunity. I'd like to enhance more bows for more relics - but don't want to take the risk of enhancing if they are already relic fragment quality.

At first I just went under the philosophy of enhance everything that can be enhanced, but I found that I broke way too much stuff. So now I don't enhance anything but I feel like there are more fragments to be had than just 10 per run.

2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

You get 10 relics per run on Horn? I get 4-5 on Lady Mel.

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Including all the items from Irk and the other named mobs ya, 7-10.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its 451 for human not at queen forge
    being gargoyle takes 20 from this making it approximatly 431
    being at queen forge takes takes 30 making it 421 approximatly
    both bring it to 401
    this is the basic formula i use
    if by enhancing i can take item to 400+ its relic frag
    imbuing will give a 20% penalty
    hope that helps

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

6. LadyMargaret

LadyMargaret Guest

hmm
    does Item ID take this into account? ie, if you're standing by the Queens Forge you could get a different ID?

7. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

If it's a blacksmith item, take a +30 ASH and enhance it (with a garg if possible) Very low chance of breaking.

If it's a bow or wooden weapon enhance it, low chance of breaking.

If it's armor it has more of a chance of breaking than with a weapon.

(only checks Resists and Luck for difficulty)

8. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

ItemID does take the forge and the race into account.

9. Cazzador

Cazzador Guest

How do you know what pieces of regular gear you find on mobs will give you what? Says here:

<= 199 Total Intensity = Magical Residue
    200 to 449 Total Intensity = Enchanted Essence
    450+ = Relic Fragment

How you figure the intensity since lets say 'mage armor' property has a weight of 1.4 etc Im so consfused.....:confused:

10. Cazzador

Cazzador Guest

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I use enhanced client and item intensity mod

in your example mage armor has 100% unweighted intensity its weighted (this is what is used in figuring how much can fit on item)is 140%

so if item is exceptional and has 500% max you would be able to put 360% more on !

when figuring what item will unravel into you use the unweighted intensity

12. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

So does anyone know how elemental damage counts (fire, energy, etc)? I can't seem to find it in the magic effects table. Unless it's the one called 'damage modifier'.
    I seem to remember that it has a weight of 1, because it's either there or not - the actual dispersion onto the various types of damage is irrelevant.

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

its 100% no matter how its spread out

14. Does that mean 100% physical counts the same as a distribution of elemental damages?

15. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

lol no you have to have something in any of the other elements

16. So it seems to me in my experience that having anything other than physical upgrades your chance of getting essence. So if you have 0% physical that counts as 100? I guess I need to work out the magical modifiers and see if I can actually predict what I will get without using item id. Man I have just started this and am bordering on 70 now but I think it will be a long time before I have to worry about getting a powerscroll. :)

17. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Specifically, having at least 10% in any other elemental damage, other than Physical, counts as 100% intensity.

It could be 90% physical, 10% cold.
    It could be 100% Fire
    It could be 60% physical, 10% cold, 10% fire, 10% energy, 10% poison

They ALL count as just ONE property, at 100%, for unraveling (And for intensity on weapons being inbued, that already have the property).

18. Fink

Fink Guest

There's also a intensity penalty for poor durability, I think it's -2% for every point below 50.

This really is the best way to screen items for imbuing, enhancing, and unraveling. Even if you don't like the EC, or you have poor performance moving about or whatever, having EC + item intensity mod loaded up at your imbuing station is a tremendous boon. It tells you the intensities, percentiles, totals, durability penalty, expected yield, and even what material to use for enhancing. You can also tell it your race and preferred soulforge and it will give you results based on those bonuses, so you don't have to lug your bags of loot down to the queen's forge for sorting. Item ID has a long way to go before being anywhere near as useful.

19. Froden_UO

Froden_UO Guest

Can anyoen tell em where i can find the Mod for I enhanced client and item intensity mod

20. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

do gargoyles really give a better chance of enhancing stuff then humans?

21. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Only tested this once on... 100 items i think. for the first 70 or so i was getting an even split 33/33/33 success/fail/redo on Ex gorgets with barbed leather. Supposed chance for enhance success was significantly lower (20% success maybe?)

But then for about 70 on I had a massive disproportion of fails that came out of nowhere and at 100 it evened out to exactly what the calculator said enhancing should be (for humans)
    ... all that to say I have no real clue. Need more data/

Oh, and it lists enhancing under "Master Artisan" Trait.
    http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=115

22. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

so you say then probably its a good idea to get 120 tailoring and 120 smith scrolls for my gargoyle to put the skill on when i enhance stuff?

23. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yep. But we dont know what the +% bonus is yet.

24. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

pure speculation at this point (or maybe wishful thinking)

25. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Isn't that just what i wrote? :confused:

26. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

No.

You answered aarons6 in the affirmative and went on to say we don't the %bonus.

The truth is we don't know if there is bonus.

27. With the changes to imbuing that are going in, how will the fact that the elemental damage property no longer counts as property item effect unravelling into relics? Or did I understand that wrong and it only doesn't count for runics but not for unravelling?

28. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Currently elemental damage counts as a property when using runic hammers, and as a property when imbuing, but NOT a property when unraveling.

It will be changed to never count as a property for any situation.

29. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend