1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Unusual Bank Check

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Daegan, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Daegan

Daegan Sage

Hey guys,

Not familiar with this arena of the rare market, and wanted to see what your thoughts on the value of this item is (if any). It's a bank check, worth 1 gold, that looks the same as any furniture deed. Again, I have no idea so I wanted to get some feedback from you all.

Thanks,
    Daegan
    highlighted.jpg nothing clicked.JPG

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Usually white checks are worth between 100k and 1 million, but since that one is for only one gold piece it may be worth more. @Assia Penryn might know more about it than I do.

Daegan likes this.
  3. Daegan

Daegan Sage

Thank you!

Captn Norrington likes this.
  4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A long time ago, bank checks used to look like normal deeds. The gods changed them to gold to help prevent scammers from closing a window and replacing the white check with a normal deed. It used to be a very popular scam and many a person fell to it.

White checks could be made in any amount (and the gold ones still can) though a bugged system. Desirability is based on the number when it comes to checks. Even round numbers are desirable like 100, 500, 1m along with 69, 666, etc for particular collectors. 1 would be desirable to as it stands out and even though many were made it is one of the more desirable numbers. I'd estimate it to be worth about 1.5m. I don't see white checks usually below 750k personally, but I've seen them sell up to 2m under optimal circumstances.

On a side note, the above also goes for the old multi-gem jewelry. Oddball numbers don't sell for very much, even if they are a higher number. For example, 100 gem jewelry will almost always sell better and for more than one wth 165 gem.

Hope that helps.

Captn Norrington, Kolka and Daegan like this.
  5. Daegan

Daegan Sage

That does, and oddly enough I have a TON of old gem jewelry I made myself. Almost all of it is 10, 50, or 100 gem jewelry. A couple 200 pieces too.

Thank you,
    Daegan

6. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

Not to steal your thread, Daegan, but @Assia Penryn would you know how desirable a 1mil white check is and what it might be worth?

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd say try for 2m, but you may only get 1.5 or so.

8. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

Neat, thanks.

9. Boba

Boba Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have a set of these pre-patch white checks numbering 1-50, and an additional with an amount of 69gp. I tried to auction mine off about a year ago at one of the previous rares fest. Started the lot at 25mil and didn't get a single bid. Not sure where these 1mil+ appraisals are coming from. My advice is to just hold onto it until they implement the global currency system (no more checks).

Also, don't store it in any bank box. It will revert to a gold check at the next server maintenance.

10. ivester77

ivester77 567457598 [UWF]
    UWF

I hate to post this on my boy deagons thread but I'll offer 1.5 for the old bank check of 1.0