1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO account flipped on somehow

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Semi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Semi

Semi Guest

Hello, curious to hear if anyone else has had an issue with their UO account flipping itself on. I haven't subscribed to this game for years and I noticed a couple of charges on my account from ea/pogo.

I downloaded a tiger woods online game that I think EA owns but I don't remember saying anything that would authorize a credit card being billed. Account info has my old house and phone number in there and the card would most definitely have expired so not sure what's causing this voodoo. Anyone?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Maybe they are just desperate for money?

Just complain to them.

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

and change your account pw.
    always a good idea when anything wonky is going on!

4. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Call customer service?

5. Babble

Babble Guest

And remove the billing information, so they cannot do it again
    :p

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This.... either that or put bogus info there if it won't let you remove it

7. Semi

Semi Guest

You got a phone number, if there is one they're certainly not volunteering it. Waiting for a ticket response.
    Account page does allow removing it but I'm baffled as to how an account with an expired cc charged.

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

At times as a promotion they allow deactivated accounts to play for free for few weeks. Then there is the way they lumber around in the game with its spiderworks of connections. UO is like a haunted house the way things appear and disappear.

9. Babble

Babble Guest

Maybe the warhammer account bug hit UO, where people got charged multiple times. Maybe they are just fishing for money....

Who knows with EA?

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Customer service is at (866) 543 - 5435

11. Semi

Semi Guest

Thank you.

Just another random question, did they move the chaos shrine? I logged into the account and it looks to be where I left it but the chaos shrine is gone.

Sad to know that prized house location is no longer prized if so, even if I haven't played in 5 years.

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

To my knowledge, the Chaos Shrine has never moved... though I don't really pay attention to it.

13. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If the CC account is expired as you say, your problem is not with EA (in this instance), but with your CC company.

Those are the folks I'd be on the phone with to find out why a charge was allowed on an expired CC card.

14. Babble

Babble Guest

Hmm just call the card company company then and inform them.
    Might be your account is compromised?

15. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have been in this situation before. You have to do 2 things. You have to call EA first and your credit card company. Truthfully even expired cc if the numbers havent changed they will still bill your current card even with an expired date on the info you gave them. Wipe all your billing info off uo.com on your account page.

I was one of the many that was mutiple billed on Warhammer. Had all my money back in a 5 days total. I did have to make a second phone call to get the other 7 charges back when they only sent 6 the first time. It was the actual billing site which is a 3rd party through Mythic but still Mythic got the blame by most of the community :p

16. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oh!!! I should suggest to any player there are safer ways to avoid things like the OP, many others that have had issues, and I have gone through with EA billing methods. Plus this si for the ones that may have or still have issues with purchasing from EA sites.

1) Buy game time cards for any game that you play at a store or EA site directly.

2) Buy a prepaid CC and only put enough on it to cover your accounts or purchases from their sites. Just add enough money to it each month before your billing. I would suggest at least 10 days before billing since they usually start 5 days prior to billing to ensure you have the cash for it.

3) Not sure if Ea sites deal with paypal but if they do I would also suggest using paypal.