1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Assist and Win8

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DreadLord Lestat, Sep 20, 2014.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I am not sure if anyone has run across this issue or not but I am hoping someone may be able to help me.

I have had win8 for about 4 months but I generally play the EC. I decided that I want to do some things in the CC and so I installed UO Assist but I keep getting a registry error. I have checked tugsoft but nothing even remotely close to go by and doing a google search gave me no help either.

regerror uoassist.jpg

Is it looking for that and not finding it? I have 2 hard drives and do not have UO installed on the C drive. UO is up to date on the patches and I just downloaded UO Assist from the tugsoft website so I know that is not the issue. :(

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Looks like UOA is looking for UO in the default path and you didn't install it there, so it doesn't know what to do. I don't know how to change where UOA looks, maybe it was an option while installing with the patcher open?

3. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Need to be run as admimistrator.

Can also go to change path on settings when its installed.

4. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I don't run UOA as an administrator

5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Correct, there's an option when starting UOA to make it look for client.exe in the location specified in the registry, or in a custom path. Now, I can't think of a reason why they'd be any different...