1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Auction on Stratics?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zayin666, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering.... besides the tradeforums and Luna bank... where are people trading/selling/buying their wares?

When I played last, there was a site called uo-auction.com where you could action off all your stuff... worked great! (I know only the Europa shard was really active)

But now there is nothing?? Ive searched google and found a couple of sites, but noone seems to use them... why is that? Is there not a general interest in sites like that??

Ok.. so then I thought why not put an auction section up here on stratics?
    I know the trade boards can be used for this, but its just not the same.... proper auction with: end time, buyout, comments, sections, shards, etc, etc, would be so nice....

Am I the only one?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

A couple of people tried to launch auction sites, they didn't do very well and eventually closed.
    Setting up an auction style board here is not only beyond my ability, but also beyond my remitt. You would need to put your suggestion to the board owner.

3. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Before doing anything I would like to hear peoples oppinion on this :)
    If noone wants it, there is no reason to pursue it further :)

I just think that if placed here on stratics, half of the success would be almost instant as the users are here already :) :eyes:

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

I dunno, with the success of in-game auction houses, I doubt this will really be necessary.

5. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm surprised Stratics hasnt done it already.

IMO its something that should have been added years ago.. So come on stratics, get with the program and put something like this in it!

Or we might have to go elsewhere *coughs*uoforums*coughs* for our offical forums!! *wink wink* lol

come on, get it put in!

NB - In game auction houses? dont make me laugh lol. Having 15 or so items once a week isnt exactly a success is it. Beside Mr Bloggs wants to sell his/her items themselves and open it to a wider audience. No In game auctions are fun, but not exactly comprehensive.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I admit that a bid system in the trade forum would be nice...
    If you place an auction you'll choose:
    starting price
    step bid
    auction end date time
    optionally an "Istant Win" that allow to terminate the auction when offered...

7. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Also... there will be times you can browse the internet (stratics) but can play UO.

Back when uo-auction was active, there where over 1000 auctions active on Europa.

It also gives you a chance to easily find stuff you need by browsing categories.

Another nice feature would be that you can see what different items sell for... so you can get an idea of the prices you can get :)

I just see alot of pros and not so many cons... and it would hurt the ingame auctions either... ppl will and can still be doing them.

Idea: When making a new auction for an item (armor, jewel, weapon etc) it would be nice if you could grap the the mods from a drop down and then set the value. That would make it easy to search for say: +15 taming rings, or rings with at least 4 mods or whatever....

:drool:

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We trade at the recurring Black Market event. Much more fun and better prices than vendor shopping.

9. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm seems like its only old Europa players that really miss a good auction site :)

10. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Great Lakes was pretty active on it too...(2nd to Europa though for sure.)

I, for one, miss it. Would love to see a good replacement.

11. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Would you be opposed to linking to an offsite page that conformed to both EA/Mythic and stratic rules, that would allow by shard, individuals to maintain their vendor items and prices and be searchable by that shards players?

Just asking, your position on this. Again, there would be no violation of rules, well least wise not intentionally. Meaning there would be no way to know or verify the items being offered were genuine as in not duped.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't think that would be a problem, we always allowed uo-auction links.

13. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, I have some assets that are not being used but are on 24/7. I may explore coming up with a simple inventory management system that uses the player+vendorname as the bin id and is searchable.

Nothing fancy, creative art work etc, just as close to 100% function as I can get it.

The first deal breaker I would need to resolve out is how to identify legitimate players and items. Or said more simply how to weed out people selling things that are not UO specific.

14. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Excuse me? 15 items in an entire auction? When you know what you're talking about, please contribute - but that comment makes it obvious that you don't.

The in-game auction I help in runs about 20-30 items an hour, in a 2-3 hour auction. In fact, at one time my shard, a very-low-population one at that, had THREE active auctions (and my auction wasn't one of them), that were running a total of about 200-300 items per week.

15. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I use to run a successful auction on Chesapeake. I just got tired of doing runes, gates and spending hours before hand setting them up and then another two hours working it.

I like the idea because I for one HATE sitting at an auction in-game. I just cant do it anymore. Id rather skim a forum to find what I am looking for.

16. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Then your OBVIOUSLY not on the same shard I am on which only HAS 15 items per week in its ONLY auction. For a moderator, you are rude and presumptious.

dont even bother talking or replying to my posts unless you can be civil and not insulting...

17. AdamD

AdamD Guest

Stratics would definatly have the advantage if they opened an auction site, or section, as they have the most UO traffic of any UO site out there.