1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO Cash Transactions Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnius, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 27, 2008
    To what extent are they prohibited in UO?

Are average players allowed to talk about it in game?

Are the only people breaking the rules the scripters?
  2. Babble

Babble Guest

Prohibited in game, else you would invite unlimited spamming.
    You are probably safe to talk about it ... probably.. depends if someone reports it and on the luch of the gm who checks it.
    See it more as a guideline....

Rules EA would have to enforce ...
  3. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    My notes from the 2008 Town Hall Meeting in Chicago (and to my knowledge, nothing has changed):

I've hunted and can't find the thread, but I also recall a conversation whereby Jeremy (community person at the time) explained that posting URL's in the game (in books, on parrot names, etc) was not allowed unless the web site was an official UO Fan Site (as defined here: ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main).

I've never seen anything that states that players can't talk about cash transactions in-game, since cash transactions aren't illegal. The sketchy part is that most of the sites that offer items/gold for sale for cash also may be using software/scripts that violate the UO terms of service.

I'd conclude that you're safe to talk about cash transactions, but should be careful discussing the particulars of sites that may be scripting and therefore violating the terms of service.