1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO changing e-mail addressee

Discussion in 'Account Management FAQ and Info' started by Alvinho, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

i have tried so far in vain on changing my ultima online e-mail address. I decided to drop one exchange that costing me 50.00 a year that i no longer needed and it happens to be tied to my uo accounts, can anyone tell me how to change e-mail information

2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

3. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Tried to change that e-mail, no Dice, and it does not seem that it is affiliated in ANY WAY with www.uo.com

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm not sure how you work this one out, since they made your email address into your EA account name and linked everything to it.
    I'm moving this thread to the Account Management forum in hopes that Dropixel can help

5. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You used to be able to do it with Lady Michelle's link. However it is currently broken. EA/Origin have acknowledged this as being an issue and the thread can be seen here.

#5 Podolak, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The last I heard is you have to contact Account Man. and have them unlink the UO acc. from the current E-mail add. This is so people cant unlink accounts as easy for selling. But I may be wrong.

7. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that is if you have two accounts on one e-mail and want to split them up. If you just want to change the e-mail for all accounts that are linked together (or if just one is linked to that e-mail) you can do it with the above link, except its broke of course.

8. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok it seems that they are no longer allowing us to change the e-mail address ourselves. I had a chat with Origin's live chat and here is what was said:

you: I am trying to update the e-mail address on my origin account
    you: am I able to do that?
    Sharat: Actually that option is not available on players end any more, however you can verify the account to me so that I can change that for you. May I have your email ID that you have registered on EA?

So to change your e-mail in the future you will need to login to your origin account here: https://www.origin.com/us/login then click on support and after saying it is an Origin Account Management question chose live support.

I had to answer the security question on the Origin account to change the e-mail addres.s

Good luck all.