1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Chat system

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Althun, May 25, 2015.

1. Althun

Althun Visitor

Returning player here. How the heck do I use the chat system? Is there a button I need to hit? Sure don't tell any where that I can find anyway. I see ppl talking in chat and don't know how they do it. I can't even talk in the help channel if I wanted to. Some help please! :/

2. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Are you in the classic or enhanced client?

3. Althun

Althun Visitor

Classic, don't like the enhanced.

4. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Perhaps this will help.

5. Althun

Althun Visitor

thanks just what I needed :)

Riyana likes this.
  6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And, just as a reminder:

, talks in your active chat channel
    / talks in your party's channel (when partied)
    \ talks in your guild's chat channel
    | talks in your alliance's chat channel
    : lets you say something as emote (boxes the statement on-screen between * *). Used to say you're doing an action your character can't actually do, for acting purposes, like walking up to the silly knight and *farting in his general direction*
    ; whispers. This is only visible to people next to you, and IIRC can be used to give commands to pets that don't spam the screen for people with you. - Note that parrots can hear it, and can repeat it - which means you can really screw with people by whispering from across the room and having the parrots say odd stuff to them seemingly out of nowhere.