1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Classic Font

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Zym Dragon, May 25, 2010.

1. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

After a few years of searching (off and on), I finally found a tutorial that showed me how to create fonts with Corel Draw. :D So I spent the last few days remaking UO's Classic font to familiarize myself with the font creation process. This first version I call "UO Classic (rough)" since it is a pixel by pixel representation of the in-game font. It has all of the upper and lowercase letters, along with standard punctuation.

This font is being released for all to freely use. You can either grab it when you download the Legacy II skin (see sig for url), or you can download directly from my website: www.zymdragon.com/uo/uo-classic-font.zip

Now that I have my template set up, I will work on smoothing this font out to make it truly useful.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

First of all Zym freaking rocks!

He's been having me help out a bit over ICQ (as I could) and sending me the results to test out, and even in a rough state this one blows Oltima Unline out of the water.

I've already taken to incorporating it and well... here it is in action:

[​IMG]

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, that looks great! Looking forward to using that font package. Thanks!! :)

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Awesome job Zym, just awesome.
    I can't wait to see the other fonts.

5. Fink

Fink Guest

Very nice.

6. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oh! Cool! Me likes!

I prefer the new, clear font for item descriptions, but would love to have it for overhead chat.

Is this already in the current Copper Enhanced for us to choose?

7. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yep! Latest Copper and Stone Enhanced have it as an option for all fonts that you can change.

8. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously, how do i make this thing work....i cant freaking figure out how to add it and its starting to annoy me greatly.

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

are you a thread necromancer? :D

seriously this ui is not updated for a while... dermott has made the texture packs for my UI that are updated and working :)

10. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

such a good UI still use it today. Shame I have to try and mod it myself from time to time to get it right.