1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO client eating up memory

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Chaosy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

My client didn't used to do this, but ever since I tried optimizing my cache/memory settings (then changing them back cause it didn't help my choppiness), my UO client.exe keeps hogging more and more memory until everything on my computer just freezes. I have to -releasemem once every 10 mins or so or I lag really bad. I just noticed this last night when I froze and task manager said UO was using up 600 MB. Anyone have any idea to fix this? Thanks.
  2. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Guest

Just curious, but which client are you using?
  3. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Wow... I didn't even know about the -releasemem command... very cool.

My 2d client has been doing ok on memory, but every now and then it just spikes to 100% cpu and I can forget about doing anything. Really annoying.
  4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 3, 2004
    Then you should be elated to find out about the -reducecpu command that is also available (through UOAssist)

5. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

Oddly, even without running UOassist or doing anything to my system cache, I occasionally get a hoggy spike in UO's memory usage. It's only on my Vista system; the old WinXP machine runs both 2D and KR with no problem.

Go figure. :)
  6. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

This is with the 2D client.
  7. Speetz13

Speetz13 Guest

So does anyone know how to help this guys problem? I have a lot of lag problems on this comp and am getting a Vista64 bit laptop soon and would like to know how i can run UO with the least lag. Anyone got any pointers?
  8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Add -releasemem to a macro you hit semi-often.