1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] Dread Horn Encounter Issue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Feb 14, 2013.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Customer Service
    2013 Feb 14 15:17 GMT
    We have confirmed an issue with pets at the Peerless Dread Horn Encounter. Until further notice please do not use your pets at the encounter. We hope to have a fix in place soon.

Thank you for your patience.
    en

Continue reading...

2. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

To bad they wouldn`t confirm it way back when it started. I know alot of people who have lost pets there. Old news to alot of players,glad EA`s catchin up a lil to what we already knew.... and posted about.

3. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

About Time.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nice to see an official word about it.

5. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Guildie lost his dread there, shame that this game has become so unpredictable.. cant do anything without the chance of losing something..

DJAd likes this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That would hurt. Not like you could just go out and tame a new one.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Ouch, that sucks.

8. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It's not just the Dread Horn Area.

I've witness a player lose his Dragon after joining me in a Glade Spawn.

I wish the Devs Team resources were devoted to fixing issues like this and other rather than the current publish we have going on.

Lightfoot and DJAd like this.
  9. Sauteed Onion

Are they announcing this in game at all? With these types of insane things happening, and tossing a thing up on UHALL and hoping somebody that's in game at that moment about to loose their pet, or be unable to place their house back down after resizing will see it is um.. uh. yeah. I said it before, I'll say it again. Say this in the game somehow via a system message. If this is too hard to do, go download some script bot thing that tons of players are using without any punishment despite it being against the Terms of Service and program it to spam this once an hour or something.

#9 Sauteed Onion, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did you miss the GARGANTUAN bug fix publish or something? I'm sorry you don't like the current publish..... maybe if you ask nicely they will throw in some eye candy since that seems to be what you want most out of this game.

11. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Usually it shows up when loading the game, this time it didn't. However do you see the [UO.COM] tag on the title? That means they DID NOT post it on Stratics. This was posted on their website (www.uo.com). Stratics uses a RSS feed or similar to pull those posts from uo.com and put it in a thread here. Why do people constantly think that they post directly to Stratics? They simply reply to responses on Stratics.

Given that, they need to ensure this message gets added to the messages on game start-up, or have a warning when entering the Twisted Wield.

#11 cdavbar, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What is the bug?

-Galen's player

13. Sauteed Onion

I thought they posted to UHALL because I'm speshul I suppose. I also don't care how or why this winds up on UHALL. These types of severely debilitating issues (not sure how severe a video game issue can be.. it's a game.. but uh.. Hmm) should be broadcast in game.. if it's been broadcast on an RSS feed or shouted over a loud speaker at some Mexican Cantina accompanied with some spicy Mariachi music blaring along side it then it is evident somebody cared enough to verify it's an issue. I have a hard time believing the average player is watching an RSS feed like a hawk and just knows to check the Stratics Forums every day before he logs in to make sure his or her game is broken.

I have played for many years, and have only very rarely seen any in game announcements pertaining to bugs or current issues. And then as you said, on log in. And if you're logging into a character with a bunch of jewelry on, or stat increasing/decreasing equipment, that 1 little greyed out system message (in 2d client) is gobbled up on the side of the screen.

#13 Sauteed Onion, Feb 15, 2013
  14. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Again you don't understand what I was saying. THEY POSTED IT ON UO.COM! Stratics used RSS technology to pull if from UO.COM and post on STRATICS. The average player needs not know anything about RSS technology. Did you also miss the point that I made agreeing with you that they missed posting it on the messages section when you start the game (not log in but on start up when patcher is checking files) or when you enter Twisted Wield, something anyways. Instead you want to make a rant and bash me for explaining WHY the post ended up on Stratics and every other UO fansite etc.

15. Sauteed Onion

Uhm, I understood perfectly what you were saying. And where did I bash you? Did it hurt? Are you bashed because I responded to you? Take a chill pill my man.

(Honestly though, I'd like to see where any bashing I did to you happened. I just re-read what I typed, and if anything it appears I'm bashing myself? If something I say makes you take offense, just think to yourself this
    person is posting with a picture of their pet cat, and talks about cinnamon rolls. They are also mildly entertaining, and actually means well despite their livid ranting on certain problems with Ultima Online. Rarely will the Onion attempt to "bash" someone just cause. Onion likes to talk to people. Meow)

#15 Sauteed Onion, Feb 15, 2013
  16. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Ok everyone.
    All this fighting over RSS Feeds, surely someone in here knows what was actually going on.
    What was it?
    -Galen's player

17. Sauteed Onion

Various cases of pet disappearances when attempting to enter the Dread Horn fight.

Like people reporting that their pets just straight up getting deleted off the game. Nasty stuff that.

#17 Sauteed Onion, Feb 15, 2013
  18. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

As in they just vanished? Turned wild? Got dispelled?

Or you literally mean that you clicked "OK" to enter the encounter, and your pets poofed?

-Galen's player

#18 GalenKnighthawke, Feb 15, 2013
  19. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

It seems a Poofing Pets Problem Permeates Peoples Primetime Playing, Pertaining Particular Peerless.

Raider Red, Mentiras and Kyronix like this.
  20. Tyrtle

Tyrtle Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We were doing a dread run when a guildies pet just disappeared. Was in the middle of the fight. His followers just dropped to zero and pet was no where to be found. Needless to say, he was a little upset. This was maybe a month ago.

21. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

!!!

Wow.

And only Dread Horn?

-Galen's player

22. Sauteed Onion

When Shame revamp came out, and for months afterward, people reported loosing various pets and mounts.. Some were lucky enough to have them merely ported to the stables. Others not so lucky.

#22 Sauteed Onion, Feb 15, 2013
  23. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I was training a fresh dragon on swoops and stepped back into the cave to go make some lunch, came back and my pet was gone... Not wild, just gone. My guess is someone started dreadhorn, but I was not even in the weld and lost a pet. My suggestion is to keep your pets far away until this gets resolved.

24. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Wow, what a weird bug.
    -Galen's player

25. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

And, in case it is not obvious, my sympathies to the owners of lost pets.
    :(
    -Galen's player

26. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

The deliberate dosing of dubious doggerel doesn't define a defense. Regular readers request rapid replies regarding rogue roaches in the system.

Though thanks for the alliteration, it's always fun to play with words.

#26 Nexus, Feb 15, 2013
    Sauteed Onion likes this.
  27. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This needs to stay near the top until the issue is resolved. Just saying.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  28. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Problem not fixed by the way

29. MalagAste

Sorry once again this is falling too far down the page needs to stay near the top.

30. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well damn. No fix still? I haven't been playing but if I come back I'd probably start with a few Dread Horn solo runs. I'm assuming that if my only pet is a mount it should be fine? Shame I won't be able to use my lesser hiryu though.

31. MalagAste

I have heard of someone losing their Paroxy dragon so do be careful..... at this point I'd take a gargoyle... no pets and no mounts to lose that way.

And I still think Gargoyles should be 100% uneffected by the slow sands.

Madrid likes this.
  32. Lord Malachi

Lord Malachi Adventurer

I'm just happy they finally decided to take notice. It's only happened to me personally two times. Most recently was back in either November or December where I died in DH area, and my paroxys dragon instantly vanished leaving no followers, no corpse, and not stabled. Instead of looking into this gaping flaw, which DOES severely affect game play, our developers made sure to devote time to fixing the "can't clothing bless deed an elven shirt". I paged a GM the night of the last incident, and got a reply a week later asking if I was having problems with my pet. After being told there was nothing that could be done, I thanked him for his ineptness, and told him the devs did a fine job of keeping 3rd party sellers in business.

33. MalagAste

I'm starting to believe that the DEV's have some sort of on the side business going with the 3rd party sellers since they seem to enjoy making things stupid rare and extremely hard to get.... as well as making it so EM rares fall mostly to the Xshard trading Wraith form Gargoyle throwers so they can sell them for insane prices on other shards and those that really would treasure the items and care about the events get NOTHING.

34. Lord Malachi

Lord Malachi Adventurer

I have thought this myself for a while. There is zero reason that dupes can't be stopped. I remember when vine cords were being duped on a ridiculous level, but the devs stepped in, banned a ton of accounts, deleted all but 1 known pair of vine cords, and over 1 trillion in duped gold checks.
    Now almost everything in luna is duped, from Scrapper books to replicas/server birth items, hell I'm 100% sure my non replica gladiator collar is a dupe. Seems really strange one group of developers COULD stop it, but the last few we've had seem to be disinclined to do anything about it other than making it where they can't be placed on a vendor...