1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] New Callback Service Offer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Feb 20, 2015.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Game
    2015 Feb 20 20:42 GMT

Greetings everyone,

In an effort to increase the quality of support and streamline assistance for certain account and billing-related issues, Broadsword is now pleased to offer a new phone callback service to help resolve complex account and billing issues.

Please be aware that in-game issues are not part of this new initiative. Our Support team will attempt to resolve all account and billing-related issues via email first. The callback service will only be offered in situations where all attempts to resolve the issue via email have been exhausted. Our aim is to lessen the amount of back and forth sometimes required to reduce the total resolution time of complex, account and billing-related issues.

Tentatively, the Customer Support Team will be able to make callbacks between the hours of *12PM – 12AM EST* (noon – midnight) or *5PM – 5AM GMT*. Please keep that timeframe in mind when coordinating with the Support Team to setup a callback.

At this time, callbacks will only be offered in English.

Thank you,
    UO Team

Continue reading...

Kolka, Bazer, Lord Nabin and 8 others like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*hugs* Making headway on the vast number of issues this is good.

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

so.... i guess the actual number is secret and is given out via email?

4. Shady Ghost

Shady Ghost Adventurer

Broadsword just getting better and better.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'm going to guess it works exactly like the current EA customer service works in that they call YOU after you provide them with a number via email.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Is this service limited to the United States and Canada only, or will Broadsword call anywhere in the world if necessary?

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

My guess would be that since they posted the GMT times as well it´s also gonna be available outside of the states.

8. Arroth Thaiel

Arroth Thaiel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Callback service.

Callback

9. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Progress. I'm guessing part of the reason for this announcement is to alleviate the need for Mesanna to intervene with billing issues. That should free up time for her to do her real job.

At the Baja meet & greet a player asked for her help b/c the acct. mgmt. site wouldn't take his credit card (and he couldn't get the issue resolved using normal channels).

10. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

Wait i don't get it....

Kolka and uo player like this.
  11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I hope it will make it easier, both for current and new/returning players.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

if you want to get technical, its not a callback then, its just a call.

if i email a friend and we agree to speak on the phone, he doesnt say "ill call you back" he would say "ill call you"

calling "back" implies there has been an initial call.

bad wording. think it could have been announced with less confusion.

Captn Norrington and azmodanb like this.
  13. Arroth Thaiel

Arroth Thaiel Seasoned Veteran

Just......can't.............resist........................noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I understand your point, and agree, that if there isn't an initial call, you can't really "call back".

However, "callback" service is such a widely used term, I would suggest that it didn't occur to the UO team they needed to define it.

After all, when someone says, "Stop at the red light", they don't define it as "Stop at the brick red light". :D

As an aside, and because I have nothing better to do this morning that nitpick English language idiosyncrasies with someone on a game forum, it could be more properly referred to as a "call" service. But that probably sounds a bit prostitutional for a company's customer service department.

Although, customer service....call service....leaves room to wonder!:thumbup:

Smoot likes this.
  14. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

looking forward to having Broadswords new Call Girls, (and call boys i suppose) service me with all my UO needs!

Kolka likes this.