1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

You definitely can!

2. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

It needs to be Fame based.
    Level 1-5 3000 fame per level
    6-10 5000 fame per level
    11-20 10000 fame per level
    21-25 15000 fame per level
    26-30 20000 fame per level
    31-50 35000 fame per level
    51-60 45000 fame per level
    61-75 60000 fame per level
    76-80 80000 fame per level
    81-90 95000 fame per level
    91-100 100000 fame per level

Roughly 200 greater Dragon kills.

A tracker needs to be added to show progression over the % based.

Skills should be able to be added per 25% not 100%

No one wants to train a pet for 6 months to be not as strong as a fresh trained dragon cause it's cool looking.

This is exactly why I advocated for starting very small and getting input. Now it's this MASSIVE system that's going to take hundreds of hours to test..doesn't make sense

#102 cazador, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Governor

So, have y'all looked at the training gain problem yet (NO movement past 1%) ?? As of the time I finally got smart and quit trying, NO ONE had gotten above 1% . I would love to continue to help test the changes out. But....

4. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Actively working on a solution, when the next full build of Pub 97 is available on TC1 you'll see a message on UO.com

Thanks for testing!

chise2, Larisa and Keith of Sonoma like this.
  5. Keith of Sonoma

Governor

Thanks for the response!

6. Larisa

Larisa Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership Team
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

After Kyronix fixed the gain system, me and Keith were out killing tigers and he popped up on me to see how it was going...still stuck at 1% we were talking about the length of time it was taking to gain and he bumped up my pet to 99% and had me kill something to lvl it up so I could test the next step. He's done that with a few people 's pets. Once I added the Explosive goo and Angry Fire and more HP I began the second round of training and am stuck at 1% again :/

He said the most important thing right now to give feedback on is length of time we feel it should take to train.

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nope, I've given over my full playtime to it, still stuck on 1% - almost as fun as what I have to do next - iron my hubby's shirts.

8. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Have they changed it yet where the player also gains taming and lore while training / fighting with the pet?

9. Keith of Sonoma

Governor

Not sure, my tamer is 120 already. Sorry no help.

10. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

@Kyronix

As a note, without seeing any of this yet. You should be able to lower skills or set a maximum if you want. If you could not handle a 5 slot pet, but your pet trained into a 5 slot and you couldn't get it back down to 4 that would be a problem for some..

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

@Kyronix

What's the deal with colored animals? Intentional? Seems to just be bullfrogs. :p

12. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Just out of curiousity, what happens when you've got 2 pets out, say a 2 slot and a 3 slot, and either one upgrades to require an extra slot? If I remember correctly, currently, if you accidentally end up with 6+ follower slots in use, the pets very quickly lose loyalty. It'd really suck to spend that time training a pet such that it improves, only to then lose it because you're now over the slot limit.

Also, this might be opening a can of unbalancing worms, but just brainstorming... what if a new "+1 pet control slot" armor property could be found on armor?

Ox_AO, PaulCH and Keith of Sonoma like this.
  13. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Intentional, few more rare colors will be available in various species in future releases to TC1 as part of Pub 97.

14. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sweet! I like the ideas so far I must say!

15. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah

Giant Ice Worm seems to be a 2 slot max.
    GIW.jpg

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is going to be a HUGE fear that these pets will not be trained before this goes live everywhere.

17. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That is ****ed up.

18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That succccccks! :( Should be 3 at least. Thanks for looking anyway..

19. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Recall and takes pet with them.

20. Keith of Sonoma

Governor

I thought about that as well. I took out my dread mare and started the "training" process. He went from a 3 slot to a 4 slot pet immediately. If I had taken my nightmare out at the same time (before starting the training on the dread) that would have given me "6 slots", with a limit of 5.

21. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I'm excited about this content, but couldn't agree with this sentiment more. My perception is that this system is coming because the developers are trying to accommodate the wishes of the player base, but we've asked for details since this was first announced and been given nothing except some incorrect information. You're not attracting a big increase in player base with this so you better treat all your paying customers as the most important stakeholders and at least gather your requirements from them.

On the other hand...the strategy may be just to put in place a system that will cause mythic tokens and pet bonding potions to fly off the shelf.

22. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

@Kyronix Are any of the dinosaurs going to be rideable?

*crosses fingers for triceratops*

BrianFreud likes this.
  23. Kylie Kinslayer

I am wanting to see this Dragon Wolf personally :)

Emily the Tamer and Riyana like this.
  24. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

We aren't opposed to upping max slots on certain pets, if there's something that you think should go higher pop on over to TC1 and let us know! Happy to consider it! :D

25. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In reguards to the idea that if your out with max slot number of pets and one should gain to make it over the 5 slot pet limit that a warning be given and they will have the option to stable one of the pets auto before it goes wild or poofs.

26. Diamonas

Diamonas Journeyman

So anyone else here see the problem of AoE Spamming High HPR and MPR pets with detect hidden as skills for PvP?

Or is it just me?

Siege is in for a nightmare of a time.

27. Larisa

Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

All pets have detect hidden..it just never showed before. I asked Kyronix about that last night.

The regen is interesting...but it also depends on the amount of skill points you have and how much you're willing to spend on a certain skill.

I did take a ss of one of the gumps, looks familiar no?

GooGump.jpg

28. R Traveler

R Traveler Crazed Zealot

Can you please make ss of resists and skill cap boost? Is it possible to make pet in all 99% resists for example?

29. Keith of Sonoma

Governor

It is NOT possible from what I have seen. I have been able to raise some to 80% but that has been it. Sorry no SS but it disappears when you "use" all the points.

30. Mrsbug

Mrsbug Journeyman

no ...just 2 slots

31. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor

MAKE BATTLE CHICKEN LIZARDS TRAINABLE!!!!

cdavbar likes this.
  32. Mrsbug

Mrsbug Journeyman

I wish I would have brought power scrolls with me...

33. Caitlyn Snow

Caitlyn Snow Adventurer

It would be much more interesting if they brought back a chance to tame some LTO tameables (bane dragons, dread mares, etc) just so that we can see pre train and post train stats. Hell, even if it's just on TC1 I think this would be an interesting thing to research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  34. Kylie Kinslayer

Great idea imo... what do you think @Kyronix ... even if y'all did not let them spawn somewhere ya could add a "vendor" for them.. just a thought.

35. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wait a miniute, this is the patch notes for publsh 97.. but i do not see any bug fixes about the previous patches, or are you just purely introducing more bugs on this patch???

i.e missing armour inherent bonuses on descriptions of armor from prublish 81!!!
    Updated Publish 81 Notes – Ultima Online

Are we going to have to log onto test centre and run around poisoning every single animal we see people trying to tame as a form of protest or what?

As that is what this has come to.

Max Blackoak likes this.
  36. BrianFreud

The art for the Dragon Wolf has been in the client forever; they were added with UO:SA, and announced with the list of all the other UO:SA mobs, but never actually made it into the game. I don't have the image handy, but it walks on two legs, and kind of has a flared out cobra-type head, with a greenish body, if I remember right.

37. Great DC

Great DC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

@Kyronix @Bleak . The area damage procs need to get fixed!! Shadow wyrm and dimetrosaur both hit other players and other pets in trammel whe they go off. Wither and area poison both cause these issues. Im sure there is other area spells that cause this as well.

38. Eric Ravenwind

Eric Ravenwind Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Regarding pet training in the old style; attacking a shadow elemental that wont die. Is this still do-able or not going to work??

39. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Worked on my Dread Spider for a long time doing this never got past the 1%... gave up... his skills were raising nicely though.

So I don't know what exactly we are supposed to do to raise this but pretty well stuck and IMO Please NO MORE GRINDS. It should raise with quality of things killed... IMO ... However you can't base it on "fame" as then you will NEVER be able to raise up some creatures to any higher levels as they simply would never be able to kill high fame creatures... Perhaps it ought to base on the percent of difference in barding ability of the creature you are fighting vs the pet you are fighting it with... the more difficult the fight the more quickly it should gain. Killing stuff that is super easy should give little gain... and perhaps a skill trainer sort of item would be nice. Somewhat like our own skill trainers ... ie the crystal balls from Ter Mur... Perhaps we can have one that works for pet training. Just my opinion. People are going to want to experiment and train up a bunch of pets... so we aren't going to want to take 3 months to train up one pet... that's just ridiculous...

Also MORE STABLE SLOTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

chise2 likes this.
  40. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I suppose more thoughts on the matter of gaining it maybe should be also a factor of skill gain on the pet helping along gains in training... and perhaps time it is fighting might be a factor... the longer the fight the more the gains??? So you gain not dependent on just killing stuff but actually fighting... as in life you would learn more quickly the longer you do something... so if the fight lasts .2 seconds and you defeat them not going to learn much... but if the fight goes on for an few minutes you will learn to block and dodge and counter your opponent... so based on the time spent fighting...

41. Larisa

Per the latest patch notes:

We have updated TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes,
    • Adjusted the training scheme for pets involved in the training process. There is now a Guaranteed Gain System as well as a greater chance to gain at lower levels of progress.
    • Now provide additional feedback to players when their pets gain battle experience, or fail. The messages on TC1 are currently placeholder and will be updated before final release.

Now when my pet fights, I get 2 messages.
    Nothing.jpg
    IncreaseBattleReadiness.jpg

This is new...but everyone on TC1 is still stuck at the 1% training progress.

42. Keith of Sonoma

Governor

That is the "testing killer" for me. :(

43. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

With last patch using consume damage immediately cancels itself out. Empowerment and Berserk work ok still.

44. Kuzan

Kuzan Journeyman

@Kyronix with all the changes can you make it where skeletal dragons can be bonded for tamer or necromancer right now the skele dragon system is so flawed and if they were bondable it would fix it. Can't crash walk to far away without them disappearing. Then next question can tinker made golems be bonded and lowered to 2 control slots. How useless they are right now is sad I used to camp elder gazer room with these. The kotl golems is bonded so why not the original . or is it possible to think of adding all the exodus and clockwork juggernauts to a crafting list bonded of course

chise2 and MalagAste like this.
  45. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Albino Squirrel !!!! I NEEEEEEED my Squirrel killing machine!! Make it trainable to 5 slot (along with other crystal pets if necessary)
    5 Slot Albino Squirrels for the win! :cheerleader:

46. Caitlyn Snow

Caitlyn Snow Adventurer

So does the pet have to spawn with negative karma to learn necro?

47. BrianFreud

I don't have a screenshot, but it was in the cliloc changes you posted. (Thanks, btw!) I've started Animal Training - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums , though that'll definitely need updating and such between now and when this goes live to production shards. (Everyone, please feel free to edit!)

48. Caitlyn Snow

Caitlyn Snow Adventurer

Wait! What??? Dex can be capped at 150? Crap. Is there a limit to this? I can just see now a pvp tamer gargoyle with a 150 dex (insert creature here) chasing at full speed.
    Crap
    :facepalm:

49. sablestorm

sablestorm Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Can we get Giant Serpents, Wyverns, and Giant Black Widows added to the tame list?

MalagAste and chise2 like this.
  50. Ruppy2

Ruppy2 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Fido died. I now have Spot. Life goes on.

Piotr and Kylie Kinslayer like this.