1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO.Com] Publish patch notes (from uhall)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Jul 30, 2013.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

News stolen from Uhall. *yoink*

Publish Notes
    2013 Jul 30 20:25 GMT
    We have fixed the Merchants Trinket you should see the fix tomorrow July 31st. European shards will see this change tonight during your normal maintenance cycle on your shard. All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90 and 10% to 40.

We would also like to recommend you do not purchase Mythic or Advanced character tokens from anyone in game out of of game at this time. Purchasing from the Origin store is acceptable.

Thanks everyone!

http://community.stratics.com/threads/uo-com-publish-patch-notes.302646/

#1 kelmo, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Moff Tarkin likes this.
  2. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I sure would like to see the ban hammer for those who exploited the Mythic or Advanced character tokens!

FrejaSP, HoldenCaulfield and Skunk like this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I'm glad we at last hear from EA, that there is something that smell with this cheap Mystic tokens.

4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm glad my name isn't associated with trying to sell these...

5. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Same here, I had been warning my guilds as I did not want any of them get burned from buying them.
    I hope the ones who did buy not knowing something was wrong, won't get punished.
    The one using the exploit and making money from it and the ones who knew the tokens was not ok, them I do not care about.

#5 FrejaSP, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Until then perhaps people should stop supporting them ingame by not buying from/selling to this guild...

#6 Tjalle, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  7. Feanaro

Feanaro Journeyman

So what guild are we talking about? i believe there were a couple. Maybe NBK? They sure do have a lot of new members also with characters well developed. Or should we just condem any one that offered to sell one in gen chat?

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

As for myself, after seeing many pieces of the puzzle, I´m pretty convinced who the guilty party is for the duped tokens on Siege.

As for your first question, I´m not gonna name the guild here but I can´t say your guess was wrong...

9. FrejaSP

I glad I brought Freja's token from EA and not in game.
    It's very sad to see duping on Siege I still remember when Siege was new and was wiped because of duping. I do believe the wipe did hurt far more than the dupe did, a lot never started on Siege again.
    Now where Siege are getting back to life, I fear it could hurt us again, if EA choose to ban all who used this token or delete the chars.
    I would say, ban the ones who sold them and the ones in same guilds, who used them. I hope they was not able to dupe soul stone tokens too, else the damage can be really bad.

10. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

I would hope they make correcting bugs/dupes like this the highest priority. Duping is the absolute worst thing that could happen on Siege. I sincerely hope it is nothing more than just mythic/advance char tokens at this point.

If they can't even introduce a token to the game without exploitation, I am not convinced their claim of replacing factions because of its "bugs" (jury still out on that claim) with a new "bug-free" system holds any merit.

I already had someone ask me to sell 25 of those mythic tokens on my vendors for them and take a percentage, glad I declined as it was suspicious from the start, but it is definitely real and here.

11. Feanaro

Feanaro Journeyman

Trust me on this. If they were able to dupe a mythic token then they were able to dupe legacy token. That onky makes since. On another note why would they ban the people who bought one of the duped tokens? If they did not know about them being illegal how could they prove that? How could they ban a whole guild if they did know who did it? If that person doesnt have 100 mythic tokens in there bank they wont get caught.

12. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

wow...theres the drama I was looking for!! Too bad !! I hope the culprits are caught and burned at the steak....yum....fat ,juicy steak. Remember , a hot steak is better than a cold chop ! But seriously this is bad mojo !! This should be a top priority for the Devs and if not then we need to make some noise about this ! [IMO] V.G.
    Nothing ruins a game quicker then cheats and hacks !! Its all been downhill ever since the [and I know I'll get the spelling wrong here] Game Genie<--thats spell checked,and probably correct

#12 Viscount Goop, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Mr. Jamison likes this.