1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Patcher

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Aug 26, 2013.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

From the Devs
    2013 Aug 26 19:40 GMT
    We are in the process of fixing the patcher which may or may not have caused some of you some problems logging into UO. That should be fixed in a few moments. Origin store has also fixed the issue of emails not going out when you purchases items. Please remember all the formatting of the codes you receive are incorrect, they should be formatted to 6-5-5-5 for the game to accept them correctly. As must of you know we are coming up on UO's 16th year Birthday. We are testing and putting the finishing touches on the next publish so please stay tuned for the Patch notes from the team. Thank you everyone, UO Team

Continue reading...

2. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Will they be resending emails on old orders that didn't get emails?

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Glad to see these issues spoken about on the main site; should also do the login screen.

Thank you and please begin to make this a habit again. Not only does it help players who don't look at Stratics abut it will help correct anyone's impression that this is an inactive game.

-Galen's player

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can't wait to see whats in the new publish and patch. :)

5. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Really time to fix patcher publish notes.

6. Endal

Endal Journeyman

Aren't we past publish 82 already? What happened?

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yes, Pub 83 should be the next major publish.

8. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Thank You!

I appreciate the straight forward and direct updates!

9. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

And they have apparently put in it's place a new obstacle to making money... As of 5 mins ago from this post time, every order fails totally. If you look at your orders it will even show you that the order failed. Now, if they can just get the person who wrote the code for the "failing orders" in charge of accepting money from people... God, these people are so incredibly inept.... :mad:

MalagAste likes this.
  10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, yes they are.

11. startle

Would I ever love to get my hands on the names of the people in charge of that fiasco... Also, their supervisor's name - I guarantee you that the people in charge of making sure EA is profitable are NOT aware of this team of complete idiots who are in charge of the EA Store site...

#11 startle, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  12. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I hear ya startle. Does anyone have contact info for the Origin store? I've been spending weeks clicking links in an effort to find some contact info. I click contact us and instead of contact info it dumps me in the EA help database. I don't need to read about all the problems EA has, I need someone who can make it right, who can resend me the missing email which was never sent containing the two codes I'm missing on a three code order!

13. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

lol so I guess I should hold off on buying the mythic token and gothic house pack that I was going to get tonight.

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You really might want to try filing a complaint against EA through the Better Business Bureau site here: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-fran...ers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196 . The info on the BBB site says this about the complaint process: "Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days."

At least you'd have a third party of sorts trying to advocate for you in getting your situation resolved. Several of the complaints that have been resolved this month show that the complaint that was filed through the BBB was resolved by EA's "World Wide Customer Experience." Perhaps that area has more power, resources, or contacts for resolving problems?

15. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have never in all my years of shopping all over, seen a company so hell bent on not taking my money.
    First, the account management fiasco(which is still fubar) and the Origin store. Seriously EA, get your act
    together. There are people begging to give you money, but there comes a time when this just becomes too
    much of a hassle.

Merus likes this.
  16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You can write a letter like I did to the EA CEO's..... at [email protected] ..... Give them a piece of your mind .... However they do have rules about writing them. You can NOT berate them.... can't use foul language.... etc... in otherwords write them a nice formal letter that explains in detail your beef.... or problem.

I am Fairly certain you WILL hear back from them within a week. I did. Had many conversations with Kyle Cooper ... nice fellow but he obviously is as clueless as the rest. He did promise to forward my letter to those who it related to.... those idiots told me that my problem was "resolved" and my "case" was closed. Yet within a week I was once again billed from the Netherlands.... case is far from closed.... So I wrote them back and told them once again that I do NOT live IN the Netherlands and I don't much care to be billed from there.

17. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Okay, what the heck is going on with the bloody Origin store?

I am TRYING to buy a gametime from the Brazil origin store and when I try to use my credit card, it just gives me invoice failed.
    My card isn't even reached to be checked for funds.
    Then when I try paypal, it says that I have an invalid item at my cart and can't continue.
    Just what the heck is going on with that bloody thing? Why can't we just buy what we need from there?

Also, stygian abyss is still nowhere to be seen, and king's collection is also gone from the store. Lovely.

Edit: And whenever there is an UO item at the cart, it simple won't let me use Paypal and refuses to process my order through credit card.
    Lovely that I can't buy UO stuff from the official store. I am actually losing my cool with this.

I will try logging on a dedicated server of mine in the US and see if the Origin store there actually works.

Edit: Nope. Neither card nor Paypal will work. It seems that if you inform that you are from Brazil, you can't buy UO goods from Origin store.

Edit2: Seems to be a bug that is affecting a whole lot of people. I was one of the lucky ones to get it...
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

#17 BeaIank, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  18. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

And another update.
    If you're having trouble paying for your items at the new origin store, you can access the old one at http://store2.origin.com/store/
    With that, I managed to give EA my money and get the much needed gametime code and a new forged metal of the artifacts...

Penderrin likes this.
  19. startle

Nice thought, but that link no longer functions. Apparently whoever's in charge of the huge coding fiasco over at the site, discovered that people were able to get around his expert attempts at blocking all UO customers from giving cash to EA - and has successfully blocked that hole in his otherwise excellent wall...

Well done, Mr. Codemaster, well done.... (To the tune of Well done, Mr. Site-Shredder Bud Man - well done. ) :cool:

#19 startle, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  20. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

21. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Works fine for me from store.origin.com

[​IMG]

22. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I just shiver with fear whenever I have to use the new origin store. It no longer allows me to use my paypal, and has charged me twice when I bought a 6 month code. Im still awaiting the refund after a month now....

23. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Oh, the new store works pretty good on my end...
    Until I try to pay for the items. Then it stops with an invoice failed error, which is happening to a whole lot of people, and not only with UO related items.
    I will keep using the old store till I can be sure that the new piece of software is at a state that resembles a minimal stability.

24. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I know someone who just this week won a $30 coupon from McDonalds to use on the (US) EA site. She picked out a game and was then told her payment info was incorrect and her order had failed; however, when she checked her bank account, she had three separate $1 charges. After a 90-minute conversation with multiple customer reps that led up to the rep saying they'd give her a 15% off coupon for her troubles, she was put on hold and then disconnected. That's one more person saying they'll never buy from EA again.

25. startle

It has now been over a week since they began their "INVESTIGATION" into the horrible mess they call the EA Store.............. This should be the pre-course lecture in how to NOT SUCCEED in a business....

[​IMG]

26. startle

If they had any business sense at all, they would not only fire the current crew of 13 yr olds running the store site, but offer anyone who has a record of a transaction "failing" - a store credit in the amount of that "failed invoice" !

Just sayin............ o_O

27. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Here, have a 43 pages thread on EA boards with people who are having the issue:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

43 pages of complaints so far...

Lots of people are having this problem with the Origin store, and it has been almost two weeks since this problem first appeared...
    I can't say I am impressed with the crew behind the Origin store coding.

Meanwhile, try http://store2.origin.com/ to access the old store. At least there, the invoice is still working...

28. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Those can't even be dismissed as charges that test the card's limit (or a debit card's account balance) but don't go through and disappear after a few days. Thank heaven I haven't needed to buy a forged metal tool in a while!

29. startle

The store2.origin.com link does indeed take you to store2.origin.com. However, as soon as you click the big SHOP NOW button in the middle of your screen, it redirects you directly to https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/ where your invoice will fail every time... Sorry for the bad news, BeaIank... What can I say?

30. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Don't click on that button! D:
    Search for uo at the search box, the items will be listed under that big "shop now" button.
    Select them there and proceed as if you were at the old shop, adding them to the cart from the list.
    By all means, NEVER TOUCH THAT SHOP NOW BUTTON! D:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!