1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] Update on Character Transfer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 26, 2013.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

From the Devs
    2013 Apr 26 18:46 GMT
    We are still working on fixing the issues with Character Transfers but hope to have everyone finished to be able to turn it back on Tuesday May 7th. I will let you know if anything comes up to change this date.

Thank you for your patience.

Continue reading...

Bitz likes this.
  2. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well at the very least this is a date. I can only hope the fix is made and on time, but of the two id prefer fixed over the date. I want it to work.

3. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

I want my character back LOL hopefully that is included in this so called fix

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

probably will be fixed the same time the my uo site comes back on line.

DJAd likes this.
  5. Bitz

Bitz Visitor

Oh this is good news :) thankyou for the update :grouphug:

6. jradar71

jradar71 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

And this is why EA was awarded the worst company for the second year in a row. Seriously? May 7th?

Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2013 Apr 26 18:46 -0400 GMT
    We are still working on fixing the issues with Character Transfers but hope to have everyone finished to be able to turn it back on Tuesday May 7th. I will let you know if anything comes up to change this date.

Thank you for your patience.

Bitz likes this.
  7. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

What the heck are you all talking about. You asked for an update and a time frame.

you got it.

Looks fine to me and I have all kinds of xfers to complete.

Quit your whining and lets support the Dev team on what they need to get done for us.

Seriously Jeez

#7 Lord Nabin, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    CovenantX, Parnoc, Viper09 and 4 others like this.
  8. AnthonyGenX

AnthonyGenX Visitor

support the dev team with our monthly subscription.....

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously? No update or time frame, complain. Get update and time frame, complain. What next, complain when it gets fixed? lol

Seriously though, from what I read in the initial post, they're working on some major issues with transfer.

#9 Viper09, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. jradar71

jradar71 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't it great how you all have gotten so use to the poor service from this company that you have become immune to it. The truth is that sometimes things happen in IT and I am fully aware of that in my everyday job; however, this game didn't just come into production. This company isn't new. They have a test system but continue to fail to test things properly before bringing them into production. Transfers are a HUGE portion of this game and a rather nice area that brings the company revenue. It isn't like they failed to test the Begging skill or something that wouldn't effect much of the game play. Their failure has impacted nearly the entire game playing community in one way or another. A portion of the game that we all pay monthly expecting to be able to perform. Additionally, people buy transfer tokens at a not so cheap rate and apparently you think I am out of line for expecting them to work.. LOL

I don't complain because it effects me.. I complain because this should have been tested more accurately before coming into production. I complain because we all pay for this service to be available. And I complain because them taking an estimated 10 days to fix this is extreme to say the least. When something breaks in my line of work we stay at work until it is back up again. You put in the time because the customers pay for the service to be active. We don't pay for Ultima Online... minus transfers.

This is why EA earned 100 percent their second year in a row of being awarded with the WORST company trophy.

#10 jradar71, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Go back and read the post regarding whether players thought it was a good idea to move the transfers warehouse to the cloud when they screwed up moving the servers there SO badly. It was predictable from the get go that they would screw this up because they do NOT do proper testing beforehand. Taking down a paid service for 2 weeks implies a MAJOR issue... one that should have been addressed long before the move to the cloud was done.

Yes, this post regarding the downtime is much better than the last post, in large part because if gives a time frame. Players at least have a sense of when they can expect the service to return. But that does not mean we should just lie down in silence when they constantly screw up the game for their paying customers because they wont/cant do their job right.

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The delay might also be caused by someone being on vacation. I think Kyronix mentioned in a post from a week or so ago that he was hoping to get a chance to use a new underwater camera later this month, so that read to me as if he was planning on being on vacation around now.