1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [UO.Com] West Coast Shards down

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Feb 23, 2015.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Game
    2015 Feb 23 15:18 GMT
    Good morning,

We are having some technical issues with the cloud servers, which is the reason why the West Coast shards are currently down. We hope to have this issue resolved and shards back up in approx.2.5 hours.

Thank you,
    UO Team

Continue reading...

Packrat22 likes this.
  2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Thank you for fixing the issue in a timely manner :)

3. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

5 hours is timely???!

4. uo player

uo player Journeyman

Nope....She's just touching up that brown spot on her nose :devil:

The Craftsman likes this.
  5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Considering the fact that they might not even have been in the office at 5 AM...uh yeah...I think they did a good job. Bleak responded probably as soon as he got to the office and they had it fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

And I am not a brown-noser...I could care less what people think of me....you don't like my opinions that's fine, I am still entitled to them :)

Lord Frodo and Packrat22 like this.
  6. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The dev team is on the East Coast. It is reasonable to expect their work day starts at 8am or 8:30am. West Coast maintenance is at 8am EST. Your time frames are incorrect.

The servers went down at 8am EST and were not returned to production until after 1pm EST. That's over 5 hours.

I think the extended down time was because pub 89 code was implemented either intentionally or by accident. Pub 89 was supposed to go live TODAY but some of the bug fixes mentioned were implemented YESTERDAY on Sonoma.

The Zog historian likes this.