1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO comment.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zosimus, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just wanted to pass out some information I came across while researching some videos for the gw2 section. On gamebreaker.tv guildcast video that I was watching and reading the comments.

On the last comment that is listed atm UO was mentioned...

Riccardo Caroli

It may not be much, but for current UO players it should still be a good postive sign that UO still gets mentioned. Even if the discussions are of other games. UO did make the first foot print in the MMO industry that has influenced alot of games in many ways. I just wanted to pass this along and it may mean something to some and nothing to others, to me it's still important.

Cheers!

Z

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

hah mentioned that it used once to be fun. Not much to get excited about. I like to talk about how excite bike was fun...

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

References to UO almost always seem to be in the past tense now...

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I think the point being made is that the post being referenced would like to see some of the better aspects of older MMOGs to be brought forward. There are PLENTY of level/zone/raid games, but very few purely open worlds like UO.

Basically, the whole "a little of this, some of that" approach.

5. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If nothing else, I guess it's hope that there might be a (or some) new open/sandbox game(s) in development out there...

It wouldn't be that hard to tempt the bulk of UO players since EAMythic have demonstrated for well over a decade they just aren't interested in investing in an existing, fanatically loyal playerbase.

6. pgib

pgib Guest

Put taming in and you got a lizard ready to jump!

Sadly though i didn't notice any news about such a game (especially the taming part of it :D).

7. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Came across this today. Ok this one seems a little brighter then the first one but still mentions UO :)

[​IMG]
    MMOsite PlayerGUILD WARS 2 WILL BE THE SECOND BEST MMORPG EVER CREATED AFTERT ULTIMA ONLINE!!!
    said on 2012-01-18 14:34:08

wtf is ultima online?
    zstarhfishx said on 2012-01-18 17:01:49

Ultima online is a mmo wich had very original systems, i mean you could do Almost everything like Real live, but the real fact of the game is that i lacked of players and didnt have a good marketing either.
    Soraa said on 2012-01-18 20:37:01

Ultima was my first MMO experience. I wouldn't trade Britannia for the world.
    MMOsite Player said on 2012-01-20 13:19:58

8. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not that it puts UO game cards in the retail shops so anyone can SEE our game either.