1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO *cough* Art Team, Female Robes Change, Please?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by canary, Feb 22, 2010.

1. canary

canary Guest

Since we supposedly have an art team, any chance that one can spend 1-2 hours and modify female robes? Since a lot of items have been coming out AS robes anymore, I'm seeing them more and more in game. The problem is that it is the same robe as the males, so it is bulky and odd looking on the female frame on the paperdoll.

All thats really needed is to tone down the arms and cinch a bit more at the waist. Not really anything that would require a huge time investment. Thanks.

edit: I guess I should add this is for the Legacy Client.
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Female robe? It's not like the Males like wearing robes either. Wonder how one would make a robe masculine. Toga perhaps? Hehe
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004

canary Guest

LOL the robe lays on the male and female frame the exact same way in Legacy. It is built more for the male paperdoll, merely stating it should be designed FOR the female paperdoll. If you recall, a few years ago they tweaked a couple armor pieces for females due to this. The robe needs the same attention.
  5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
  6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

... missed my point. The robe isn't build for *either* gender. Is a potato sack designed for males or females?
    Don't force it on the males just cause it's not feminine.
    Females dont like it, Males dont like it. Don't tweak the art, just let us choose something completely different.
  7. canary

canary Guest

Ehn, I have male characters that wear it and I don't find it horrific on them.
  8. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

I don't think the normal robe looks particularly good on males or females in the paperdoll (it looks fine in-game, though.) I do, however, like the way that the shrouds sit. By which I mean the shroud of shadows / robe of Umbra / Ari shrouds, not elven robes (the hoods and shoulders of which just look strange.)

If regular robes looked like hooded shrouds but without the hoods - or even with the hoods, I like hoods - it'd be nice. They're just more streamlined.

Maybe they could add other robes with, say, different sleeve designs, or embroidery, for women? And corsets. We need more corsets.

...I think I'm objectifying. I shall now retreat.
  9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    It would take more than two hours. I promise this.
  10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    I would prefer if they fixed the paperdolls in the EC.
  11. canary

canary Guest

Please don't get me started on the male paperdoll in EC that we have been repeatedly told it would be redone. :gun:
  12. On a related note :

The default face for chars using the Legacy client looks dread awful on the Enchanced client.

At first, I couldn't figure why so many players would choose that dread awful face for their chars. Then Fink explained, "those are the Legacy clienters."

Awful. Awful.
  13. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Well, the robes in the EC look just fine. This is one good example of why maintaining two different clients is a pain in the back and doubles the cost.

By the way, there's much more to it than just designing a new robe. You'd have to change the robe for all animations, too (walking, sitting, riding, combat mode, etc.). Don't underestimate the effort for this.
  14. canary

canary Guest

If you read what I asked I merely wanted it tweaked in the paperdoll, not the actual avatar.
  15. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    I always hoped a character reflected their stats. That 10dex mage or tamer should look like a John Candy or Rosanne. And that that low int fighter have that blank Rocky look.
  16. mutau

mutau Guest

*almost spits out beer* LOL
  17. mustafa

mustafa Guest

yeah they changed art for some items i did notice the crimmy is diffrent on male and females females is roundish at the corners so yeah change robes would be kinda kl but dont see it happening
  18. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

I think she was just thinking of changing the paperdoll graphic, which would just be a small addition.