1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO crashes when recalling rather a lot, fix for this?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mookin1, Feb 17, 2008.

1. mookin1

mookin1 Guest

I find that UO often crashes when recalling, however it seems to happen in patterns, or sometimes randomnly, it might happen 4 times in a row then not happen for ages then it will happen out of the blue, I have a few computers and it's the same for all of them.

Does anyone else find this, is the cause known and is there a fix?
  2. Happens to me a lot too. Not sure why, though. So far, I haven't been able to find a pattern.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

ya same thing happens to us, can recall to a dungeon, no problem, recall out to the bank, client crashes. Most times it leaving [recalling out] a dungeon that I crash.
  4. I get this too and as the thing is locked up and crashed and I'm trying to alt-tab to a window to be able to close down the app (which can take some time), I hear some UO sound effect repeating over and over again.

It happens to a lot of people, do wish it could be fixed, it sucks.

Commonly heard on vent: "I just cliented, can someone invis me please?". Despise while doing rat spawns seems to be the favorite place, that and right after going through a moongate.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

same here
  6. Babble

Babble Guest

Not sure, I had it when the client had to load a lot of graphic.

Not sure anything you can do though
  7. I have it as well. Last time we brought this up, all Jeremy said was to post a bug report. :\
  8. I crash too,but since I have an old p2 computer I just chalked it up to not having enough memory to process the games files when I recall to the new area and My computer shuts down the program.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

mine seems to crash at 2 destinct times for my char.

1 - When I recall from my house

2 - When I recall from bank to my house

I am now numb to it though. Happens daily. Just part of UO is the stance I have taken.
  10. UO crashes when recalling rather a lot, fix for this?

recalling less

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I happen to know that the Yew Abbey Bank has been bugged for as long as I have played UO ........ (on GL).... Any trade made there will cause one or both traders to lock up and client crash after you move. Don't know why but that's the way it has been for years..... (I still trade there alot)... but it is rather annoying..... and yes occasionaly I lock up and client crash after recalling just any ole time.
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

with the game crashing and all the rubber-banding inbetween....I'd like to know just HOW are we supposed to run around doing a freakin scavenger hunt? Or outrun these paragons, for that matter.
  13. just when you recall? youre lucky. lately ive be crashing walking through gates, looting player corpses, walking through people. standing around doing nothing etc
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Not sure, I had it when the client had to load a lot of graphic.

Not sure anything you can do though

[/ QUOTE ]

I run dual 8800 gtx and i crash 3/10x I recall to my houses. what used to hurt was a script miner would always dig up a br elemental and leave it in front of my house every friggen day!!!!!!
  15. mine has happened 8 times when recalling from Blighted Grove to my house...
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

It used to do it occasionally before, but when they shut off 3D last year and implemented KR, that is when it got bad. CONSTANTLY crashing going thru gate (Usually either the Star Room gate or Luna gate, but others too) and recalling/sacred. Seems more common when travelling from Tram to Fel or Fel to Tram, but not always.
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ha...I visited someone on Atlantic this evening, and first recall (to Luna bank)...CRASH! [​IMG]

On Siege we don't have recall, but I seem to get client crashes more often at the Zento bank than any other place. It happens when opening the bank box, and also when gating close to the bank area, but not in any other part of the town as far as I can tell.

18. I seem have the same problem more often in the last couple weeks.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't have any crashes yet since last pub but I do get alot of rubber-banding when strolling in non-fel places. [​IMG]

OH btw, LURVE ur profile pic Black Rain, classic! [​IMG]