1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Dev Team - The Good and the Bad

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Theo_GL, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Good:
    Allowing runics to be combined so that you can combine charges (this was necessary for reforging that takes multiple charges at one shot).

The Bad:
    Capping the charges at 100 and not allowing regular tools to be combined as well.

A more reasonable approach would be allowing regular tools to be combined and capping all tools at 500 or 1,000.

It saves on storage space and would definitely help when it comes to filling bods. I get tired of switching to make more sewing kits/tongs. Give me 500 or 1,000 use tongs and kits. Its tedious enough doing bods let alone tools keep running out.

Spined kits have 45 charges so you can only combine 2 together before you hit 90 and can't combine past 100. I have 140 spined kits from filling bods. Sure would be nice to combine those down to a reasonable number of kits.

2. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

How do you combine them?

3. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm down with a Max of 10 runic kits/hammer/saw/fletch and 25 for regular tools

..I thinks it's much lower to make scripting a little harder..

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mandrake: have an Imbuer take them to a soulforge, click on one, then target the other one.

5. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Poor logic. Scripts easily handle making tools along the way and actually this HELPS scripting because it slows down people using their limited gametime to complete bods by raising the barrier to doing it by hand. Scripts/computers are not attended and have unlimited time. Pausing and switching to make more tools is a non-issue for scripts. For the manual hard worker - it is cumbersome and annoying.

Lord Frodo and ShadowTrauma like this.
  6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My logic would be poor if that's what I had said read it one more time then post again

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nm ill explain myself for others who read it the WRONG way..

I am down with have it up to combining up to 10 runic and 25 normal kits/hammers etc..

I think it is capped at the "CURRENT" time to slow down scripting

..I was unaware that scripts can make tools and such as you unattended macro..send me your scripts since you have the expertise.. (Insert sarcasm wherever u feel the need to)

8. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran

I certainly read it wrong also, but it was tough to get your intentions from the first brief post. It could be the wording, having combine in there definately helps now. In regards to scripting they certainly can do what Theo mentions and I suspect that the majority are written to avoid the tedium he is referring to.

Lord Frodo likes this.