1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO*exe.....end process, again and again and again...

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Voluptuous, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"Ultima is loading"...that itty bitty grey message before the game comes on- who knew it'd be so damn annoying to have it stay while playing, stay after the game is shutdown? That little message will screw up your re-attempt to log in if you didn't go through the task manager to end its process.

Others know of it, and heard there was a perma way to fix this annoyance...but I can't FIND IT!

helpies helpies!

2. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

This thread should help you. :)

from DevilsOwn:

"found the fix for this just last week, purely by accident... change your settings for your desktop to Vista basic, and that little box goes away just like it did before... the only thing I've noticed losing by doing that is the transparency effect on the open windows, and I'll gladly give that up"

-Skylark

3. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

From another forum discussion on getting UO to work on Linux:

<insert game path>\client.exe

This is probably why users who use UOAssist to launch the client don't have that issue, because it calls client.exe directly after checking for updates. If the desktop tweak doesn't solve the problem, perhaps this will although it sounds as though you will have to periodically check for patches if you open with the client executable directly.

-Skylark