1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO (Great Lakes) to be on Massively.Joystiq.com Rise and Shine Recap

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Woodsman, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

People have said UO needs to be advertised. I just found out that UO is going to be featured on Massively.joystiq.com.

It was already featured on the front page of Massively a few days ago: Ultima Online producer's letter promises revitalization of classic content | Massively

(be sure and read the comments on the story above :gee:)

And now it's going to be featured on the "Rise and Shine" Recap where somebody plays it and then posts about it:

UO to be Featured in Massively’s Rise and Shiny Recap | UOJournal.com

So if you're on Great Lakes, look for Beauhindman.

Can't say UO is lacking in publicity.

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

CS got slammed, maybe that new guy will fix some of that. I can't wait

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I read the (small) article on joystiq.com and to be honest it was information already known here on stratics. Plus the new changes of shame dungeon was in developement before Jeff "stepped" in.

I'm in no way of downing the article in terms of advertisement but lets get real with it. I know many that were no fans of Cal ( myself I was not) but that article makes it sound like Jeff had something to do with the changes of Shame.

I bolded the part above in black. Lets go back to the VHOC and I'm 99.9% sure that a comment was made of changing the legacy dungeons. Cal was the producer then. Definetly not Jeff. His goals on revamping older content? Jeff goals on revamping older content? I think the dev team already had those goals before Jeff stepped in since the issue has been brought up many times over the years. He happen to get into the position that the current devs and ex producer was already working on changes.

The part I put in red I will give Jeff credit for. He has done that so far. Let's just hope that it stays this way and keep us villagers in check and pitchforks in the huts.

The part in green about squashing bugs.......well............. that does happen from time to time.

You know Woodsman as well as I do what most players want as advertisement and wont happen. Getting mentioned here and there in articles is one thing but most prefer advertisement as a shelf in a box. UO wont have some cool commercial on TV like the new COD that is out with a big actor. UO wont get the attention as SWTOR because EA has most of it's focus on that.

The bad side of that article is read the comments on the bottom of that article. As you read them, all have a comment about graphics. But this one below stood out like no other.

4. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I do agree with you on that - they gave Jeff more credit than perhaps he deserved.
    EA will be doing away with boxed games within the next 5-10 years. They may lose some sales, but they'll generate a larger amount of revenue by selling directly through Origin.com rather than sharing revenue with Best Buy, Amazon, etc.
    I'm still not sure how to describe that comment. Uncomfortable?

5. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

LoL I have to agree with you on that last comment Woodsman.

I have heard UO put into many words and analogies but that one I C&P took the cake when I read it.

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

That first sentence, it's a mighty powerful comment for just one sentence.