1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO has a brother!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by morPR, Jul 22, 2014.

1. morPR

morPR PRmeister
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was digging through my PSone games and I noticed Nuclear Strike was made in 1997 as well. The Strike games (starting with Desert Strike) let you fly around in an apache helicopter going on missions and blowing the living crud outta Iraq. This series came out of some short-lived hostilities between US and Iraq where US pulled out. I don't recall who was president in those days. But in beating the first game you were congratulated by Clinton. I don't mean to make this a political discussion. The game series had its starts in 16 bit and there were two sequels which were both on SNES and Genesis.

Sega Saturn got Soviet Strike before EA pulled the plug on that system. PSone recieved that plus the sequel Nuclear Strike. It has some FMV segments here and there. Check it out on youtube.

Now, when I think EA I rarely think "RPG publisher." True they bought some RPG studios here and there but they are primarily the studio these days that and back then were heavily into sports games. Games that came out seasonally. I think I bought Madden '97 for Sega Saturn for a quarter back in the day.

G.v.P likes this.
  2. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, games other than UO came out in 1997 too. Who'd have thunk it?

3. CountSilverbow

CountSilverbow Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

was there a solar flare that year ?

4. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I don't get it...

5. ivester77

ivester77 567457598 [UWF]
    UWF

I heard a new lord British game is comming out soon with the writings from dragon lance author

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I agree...Wing Commander would make more sense as a brother discovery of Ultima proper, but! What he is saying is the Strike series was developed by EA.

I love me some Desert Strike! I used to play that all the time.

7. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Sounds bad.

8. ivester77

ivester77 567457598 [UWF]
    UWF

Lol but come on I know your gonna check it out :) Kal vas flam and all that bro it might be the game that brings the glory back to Britannia :)

9. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

lol... i loved that game!!!!!

10. morPR

morPR PRmeister

Well, think about this for a second. Sports games are disposable. The major franchises release one game in the series per year and have been doing so for decades on consoles. It's expensive to produce new boxes and manuals along with the discs.

Imagine if a new modern version of Madden Football was released and it had every entry of the series on it from 1992 to the current year. And it was patchable like an MMO game.

I'm not a sports fan, never was good at the things but I've played Arch Rivals along with the usual RBI Baseball, Bases Loaded, Blades of Steel.... I can't get "The Last Boy Scout" scene outta my head where the guy running with the football decides to shoot his way to the goal with a gun before pulling it on himself.