1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] 62.3 Bug Fixes - 11/20/2009

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Nov 20, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

We have the following Bug Fixes for you this morning:

Bug Fixes

• Added guard ignore to the Giant Turkeys
    • Fixed the barding difficulty on the Giant Turkeys
    • Bards will be added to the lawful attackers list for discording and provocation of the Giant Turkeys
    • Turkeys AI was adjusted to keep it from teleporting so often.
    • Harvest Wine and Cider will no longer lose their TID’s at maintenance.
    • Age was removed from using the Retouching Tool

More...

2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

"fixed" the barding difficulty. Hmmmmm

Oh boy. :/

Nice to see we will be added to the loot list for disco now, thats new.

3. altarego

altarego Guest

Some folks are working very hard to make sure they keep their new jobs. Thank you very much for your timely efforts, devs.

4. pgcd

pgcd Guest

Was there any other example of so quick a bug fix (a couple of bug fixes, actually)?
    If this is the type of "fixability" introduced by SA, the EC and the latest patch for 2d, I'm gonna be a very very happy player.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Indeed thank you DEV's...! Awesome job!

*runs off to check out bard skills fix*

6. riohnyx

riohnyx Guest

:thumbup:

Seriously impressive to see all these fixes implemented.

Any chance of getting more fixes for the EC? Sparkly new pixels are only gonna distract me for so long :D

7. altarego

altarego Guest

But pixels are important too. The only thing that really bothers me, graphically, about the EC are the bouncing/flickering/"bowing"/disappearing animations.

Namely, the fountains of life, hearth of the home fire, skull candles, crystal balls etc.

8. riohnyx

riohnyx Guest

Oh, I enjoy the pixels. The flickering isn't so bad with my stuff, but I do have problems with getting stuck in auto-run at random times and having health bars and random things getting stuck to my mouse cursor. It's still playable, but can be very frustrating.

9. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

great job Devs!! Keep up the good work. Noticable difference in quality and responsivity in the last couple of months.

10. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

wow that was.. fast :)

11. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

All I can say is actions speak louder than words and the actions of our Dev team have really renewed my faith. I am really excited to see their anti-hacking/scripting processes they have been working on.

12. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Way to go devs. Thanks!!! :cheerleader:

13. You put the decimal in the wrong place, its gone from 160 to 12.0, I expect it was supposed to be 120.

14. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

O
    M
    G

15. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Trust me as a bard..... I noticed, but I'm a 480 bard... so I'm not at all complaining..... ok... well maybe I am a wee bit... it is insanely easy now. But far better than before. Happy medium anyone?

Though I would like to say... I agree with the other poster.... actions do speak louder than words... and after YEARS of feeling bitter and upset by DEV's seeming to have a lack of care and understanding... my hard shell and cold heart are beginning to crack and melt.... and I may actually be warming up to this team. Never thought I'd see the day!

Now.... could you fix the housing thing for me? I want to co-own my new gargoyles... *uses the sad puppydog eyes on the DEV's*

And then... put your art team to work on fixing the ugliness left by the old teams, like the male paperdoll, the faces, add more color and styles to the horns, allow us to change our horn colors... use the Lady M dyes on them... and fix the old ugly candles from xmas... talk about ugly.... and then... could you touch up some old stuff....

Oh and a huge pet peeve of mine.... could you put someone on fixing the lands? There are tiles missing from the floors in Doom, corners missing from buildings across the lands.... tiles missing on floors here and there.. doors that have been lost for years... and things.

16. The Alliance

The Alliance Guest

Age was removed from using the Retouching Tool

Thank you so much !!!!! This is very cool Vet reward !!!! Swamp dragon turns grey hue i love it !!! Thanks again DEVS !!!!:party:

17. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

18. Cazzador

Cazzador Guest

Great Job!

19. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Sooo..

Since we now have proof that you can release multiple small patches per week, how about starting a series of patches to fix the issues with the EC?

Holiday content is nice and all, and I've enjoyed it - however, its far past time for the beta to recommence and actual measurable improvements to be made.

Finish it, or scrap it. Don't leave us hanging any longer.

20. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I was going to say the same thing. I'll settle for quoting someone else though...

Very nice....

How many does that make this week...3?4?

21. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Choices, choices...

*grin*

But seriously, yeah, so much to address, and it's probably about time to getting around to either addressing them or scrapping the client. I prefer the former, but I almost expect the latter at this point. Two months without any continuation on it in any large manner makes me concerned about the EC's future.