1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Account Center Maintenance: Update - 8/22

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Aug 22, 2011.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

The Account Center is currently offline. We anticipate that it will be back online no later than 3:30pm EDT. Please visit UOHerald.com for for updates on the Account Center maintenance today.

Thank you for your patience today.

read more

More...

2. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Didn't the very first mention of this say something about "we expect this to take between 3 a 1/2 to 4 hours"..

A footnote: Shutters on Houses were invented to protect the then valuable glass windows from the fury of storms..

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mine do still have hinges and clasp hooks.. all I have to do is chisel the paint off and they will close!

3. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Random but ok..nice house! :)

It DID state in the previous update:

Early next week the Account Center will be offline for an update. We will update you on expected downtime for both the account center and game servers as we know more. We do not expect the combined downtime to take longer than several hours...

I'm assuming that game servers will go down so that account ages and the like can be re-set at the same time, but no mention of this in the latest update.

*hopes upgrade codes will work soon*

4. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

I'm hoping they work immediately as the account management site becomes available... no tellin though.

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Well it also stated in the previous update:

The ability to redeem game registration codes and other codes which allow you to connect to and play the game will run once we are confirmed the first part of the process is running smoothly

So I take that as...once the account center is up and there are no further issues, THEN they will re-enable the code system.

So here's to hopin the account center fixes run smoothly :)

6. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

uoherald updated :(

UGH...

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

JUST in case this doesn't get here in a timely manner, there is a new update:

Greetings!

We now anticipate the the Account Center will back online by 8:00pm EDT this evening.

Due to the importance of this information we will be updating the Herald with a new post for each update today.

We thank you again for your patience and apologize for the inconveinence this may have caused you.

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well the point I was trying to make is I'm glad to see most of the people that post here have decided to just play and ride the storm out..

Everybodies account is still on.. nobodies house has fallen.. it's cool.

Shutters have been drawn and we're all waiting for the clouds to break..

9. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

beat ya to it Larisa :p
    Guess this means my brother wont be making a new account today.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

[YOUTUBE]fraOrM5j0zI[/YOUTUBE]

11. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Speaking of accounts, if you look at all three games, how many millions of accounts is that between them?

UO and Camelot at their peak were around 250,000 subs apiece, however each has had to have millions more created before and after the peaks, especially throw-away accounts or free-trials or people that bought boxed copies, played for a month or two, and then moved on.

Warhammer sold 1.2 million copies initially and had around 800,000 subs on September 30, 2008, then dropped to 300,000 subs by December 31 of 2008, but there still had to have been hundreds of thousands of more trial accounts created since then.

I bet each is probably pushing over 2 million accounts. Given how old they are, UO and Camelot are probably pushing 3 million apiece.

12. :lol:chisel the paint off and they will close ...

looks and expectations can be quite deceiving ...

by "chiseling paint" being needed, that includes the migration "foresight" of air conditioners and >expanding shutters< ?

:thumbsup: good job ... noah ... :lol:

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

:drama:Whenever I read one of the 'Account Center' updates, I hear clown music playing...

14. BahamaMama

BahamaMama Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Account Center Maintenance: Update - 8/22

Rowland Cox 22 Aug 2011 14:57:04 EST

Greetings!

We now anticipate the the Account Center will back online by 8:00pm EDT this evening.

Due to the importance of this information we will be updating the Herald with a new post for each update today.

We thank you again for your patience and apologize for the inconvienence this may have caused you.

Oopz.. didn't see this had already been posted. My bad.

15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*sighs*

At least link to that band's one good song....Not as appropriate to the situation. But a lot less painful to listen to.

(It won't let me embed, so just go here.)

-Galen's player

16. Luna [MoD]

Luna [MoD] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Account Center is back and my IP is still Banned.
    Same problems for me and nothing fixed.
    This really sucks

17. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran