1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Account Safety Reminder

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jan 10, 2012.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

We would like to take a moment to remind players to be wary of efforts from outside sources to compromise your account security. Please remember, BioWare Mythic will never ask for your Master/Play Account password through in game communication. Additionally, please be mindful of websites you are visiting. Please remember that you will never be asked to enter your account information anywhere but the Mythic Account Center (https://accounts.eamythic.com/), and in the Mythic Patcher when launching the game.

As always, we encourage our players to be safe and secure with your account information by never sharing your account information with anyone, using a strong password utilizing letters, numbers and symbols, paying close attention to websites you visit, and by updating your passwords regularly by visiting the Mythic Account Center.

You also have the option to add a Secret Word to your account. This word will identify you as the true owner of the account in case your details got lost or changed. Again, please make sure that nobody else knows this word.

Thank you for your continued support.

More...

2. Vyal

Vyal Guest

I know of one guy who has stolen 4 accounts in the past 3 weeks alone...
    & the guy is still around stealing more accounts, not banned, just stealing account info stripping the characters deleting them then selling everything.
    & Everyone knows who it freaking is but nothing has been done.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you have any information on how this is being done please forward it to Mesanna

4. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If its the same person I am thinking off who has been trying to sell off stolen accounts the last 2 days... he is a known POS.

His personal information has been posted on another site for all those who wish to pursue him further... think a few house calls have been lined up.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I suggest this line of posting end before people start getting in trouble

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Inappropriate posts have been removed.

While we all hate hacking, etc. Stratics Rules will not allow the release of personal information, nor does it allow for threats to be made on the forum. If you have information, please E-mail it to Mesanna. If not, this is not the place to rant and threaten.

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Probably why they are reiterating the Secret Word option, in light of the recent hackings - that is, unless the accounts have been hacked through e-mail.

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So where is this elusive Secret Word option?

I'm on Account Management now and I have clicked on every possible link and page.

I've found no option to add a Secret Word to my accounts.

9. kleos

kleos Guest

I'm looking for the place to add a secret password as well

10. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You should have been asked to add a secret work to your master account about... 18 months to 2 years ago.

11. kleos

kleos Guest

Thank you for your insight in resolving this matter.

12. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ive never been asked or seem a place offerring the option
    Ill have to look into this more when i got a bit of free time

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

14. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

15. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Exactly. Most of us, if we already had an EA.com account or pogo account, those accounts were automatically made into a EA Master account.

16. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When I just reactivated my closed accounts the 'Secret Word' page came up first thing.

17. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Perhaps so - but I don't plan on closing any of my accounts so I can re-open them to test it ;)

18. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

When you cancel your account, you still have whatever remaining time left out of your 30 days. So you can close your account lets say 1/2 way through so you have 15 days remaining and then you can resub and it should ask you for to choose a secret word. My wife I just recently returned and when we resubbed, it asked a secret word question for each individual account opened.