1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] All Shards to be Published

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Dec 17, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

All shards will be updated to Publish 57 at their next regular maintenance.

Publish 57 patch notes can be seen here.

More...

2. Does this:

"Working the Ilshenar spawns gives Transcendence scrolls but not 105 powerscrolls "

Mean the SoT's can drop at any time while fighting the spawn or only upon the death of the boss? Anyone know?

3. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Anytime fighting the spawn.

4. Very cool. Thanks!

5. Hannes Erich

Hannes Erich Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Okay I guess that once again I have missed something here...
    Ilsh spawns will drop SoT, but only Fel spawns will drop 105 PS. I'm confused...thought Fel spawns already dropped 105s? And if the other spawns aren't and haven't been, why even mention the PS drop?

*scratches head*

7. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i have a question; if any of you guys know; feel free to answer me, but I looked and couldnt figure it out. Is the 30% of getting a drop at champs spawns per PERSON or PER SPAWN? AKA; is it better do to it with a guild; or with less people?

8. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I assume them mention 105's because in fel the drop can be either a tscroll or a 105. In tram rulesets only tscrolls.

The 30% is total. Only 1 person gets the reward when the boss dies. Very much DOOM-like in the distribution. We all know how much everyone liked that.

The best approach will be to do them in fel with a few people.

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*secretly hopes the market will become flooded with powerscrolls with everyone rushing out to do spawns*

10. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Naughty. Naughty.

*chuckles*

11. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Doesn't matter the main guilds that control them will make sure only so many get out at a time to keep the price high, much like has been done for what 5 years they have been around.

12. Katlene

Katlene Guest

QFT

13. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Time for 120 powerscrolls to drop in Trammel, since PvMers no longer exclusively supply Doom arties and crimsons because of Faction items.

14. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Pretty much and also considering most pvmer's won't join factions so they would be at a huge disadvantage if they went to fel. Even more so then usual.

15. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I totally agree with this. It utter BS that 120 only drop in Felluca and a certain playerbase who in my mind are absolute 'jerks' are rewarded with one of the most valuable part of the game.

I've transfered to 2 shards in the last month to farm Powerscrolls and I found the same thing happen on all shards so far:

Soon as the Champion spawns after I've spent an hour or more progressing the spawn in come the raiders to reap the reward. It's the same thing as what was going on with the Magical Lock boxes "The Six" were dropping. The raiders actually wait and watch until the boss comes letting you do all the hard work then come and kill you and take your reward. What crap! The Dev who came up with this idea is a complete Jacka$$ as are those who support having Powerscrolls only drop in Felluca. And the current Dev team are idiots imo on this issue for not changing it.

Anyone who wants to tell me how this is fair or a good idea save your breath. I ain't buying...

I have yet to see one good reason why 120 Powerscroll should only drop in Felluca.

So it'll draw more people to Felucca? Baloney. All that happens at the Champion Spawns is you get ganked, ****d, and pillaged.

If people want to PvP they can do so by joining factions or guild wars.

All that is happening right now is that a small group of players on each shard should dominate and control the flow of the 120 Powerscrolls that go for millions and millions of gold. New players come and wonder how the hell they're going to get these scrolls...

I still get my share of powerscroll but there is no reason that I should have to worry or look over my shoulder constantly wondering when I'm going to get swarmed and someone else is going to reap the benefit of my hard work.

Yea this is a rant. Not 20 mins ago I got raided...again. Will I go back yes because there is no other way to get powerscroll thanks to the current system in place. I don't mind getting killed I can live with that. What I do mind is that the work I put in the 'jerks' get the reward for. If they 'the Pk's raider' whatever you want to call them couldn't reap the benefits of my efforts then I wouldn't have an issue with the current system just the jerk player.

I love UO. I'm very happy about Pub 57 and the future of UO but the current 120 powerscroll system is a crock.:mad:

16. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

lol you contradict yourself in your post. I guess rants are not meant to be logical.

17. So what you're saying is that your specific playstyle should have all the advantages and that there should be no reward for the most difficult thing in the game?

Ok just making sure.

18. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Figures....I have two days off and the pub comes on the day I have to go back to work. :/