1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Client 6.0.12 Live

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Dec 16, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The 2d and KR clients have been updated to version 6.0.12. This update includes:

• Resolved an issue with Norton 2009 wiping the configuration file. The configuration file is now saved in My Documents.
      • Cliloc fixes.
      • Misc. gump fixes for the KR client.
      • Resolved an issue causing a Legacy client crash.
      • Various in-game help links fixed.

More...

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I wish they would state what the crash was caused by. How are we supposed to know what was fixed?

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

189 Meg on the KR patch... might be able to consider this the first REAL Patchurday in almost a year depending on the scope of the "gump fixes".

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hooray for Patchurday!
    I can't wait to see what's fixed in KR!

5. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Misc. gump fixes for the KR client.

Hmm can Supreem maybe give us a rundown on what these might be?

6. Katlene

Katlene Guest

It'd be nice!!

7. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

First thing I've noticed is that the backpack in freeform mode either is or has been at least somewhat fixed as placement of items is MUCH more precise than it used to be.

Beyond that, it may just be that they're fixing gump issues we've already fixed at the Exchange in our currently supported mods.

8. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Great NO SNOW IN MALAS :mad: Why????

9. Eh, none in Zento either. No biggie.

10. Umm this new patch broke my speech and emote color..everytime I logg out and back in it turns back to the default yellow..this is on the 2d client.

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

too many dragons in Luna - it's causing shardal warming.

12. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

too many dragons in Luna - it's causing shardal warming.

*snirk*

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok that will irritate the bejeebes out of me!..... I LOATHE the default emote...... I can't see it in the journal!

14. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:hahaha:

15. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I Really wish they'd stop littering the My Documents folder... it's completely ruined it's purpose anymore...

~Rai

16. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

yeah it is because of all the methane they give off

17. Doireann

Doireann Guest

I am having the same problem, and nothing is working to fix it on my end. Ironically, my macros are fine. :coco: I just despise the default colors. (as a side note, can we have the default colors be readable in journal? Everyone in KR has default and it hurts the eyes.)

18. WizzaX

WizzaX Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LOL!

19. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

My house in Malas has snow next to it.

20. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

-Added hitching posts to the craftable menu in tinkering.
    Added bookcase to the craftable menu in carpentry.

These things can not been seen in the crafting menu's in the KR client not even after todays patch on TC 1.

21. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

:sad4:

22. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

:postcount:

23. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

You know it. :D

24. altarego

altarego Guest

Well, they fixed the animal form bug in KR. The really annoying one where if you were dismounted or exited animal form while your paperdoll was up, you froze for about 8 seconds (i.e. instant death sentence).

Thank you devs!

25. Fink

Fink Guest

Awesome. I noticed they fixed coming out of animal form in 2D a little while back; good to see both clients working.

26. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Agreed!
    Developers should be aware, that My Documents is a folder for MY documents and not for their configuration files.

If they want to use common user folders, what about Application Data within the user profile? This is exactly the place where I would expect them to store such stuff - and not within in the documents I work with.
    This is bad style par excellence!

*Salute*
    Olahorand

27. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran

Well, I think this is more of an issue with Norton. Also, I am not sure if earlier versions of windows (98, 2000, and ME?) have a documents and settings folder ... so maybe it is placed there for compatibility. I know they are not the only programmers to do this, my old windows install My Documents folder is littered with junky files (not all of them user created :).

As I don't use windows to run UO, it caused windows files to show up in unexpected locations. The patch works with no problems on both ubuntu and mac.

28. Same here my macros work fine and are still there after I logg out and back in its just m speech and emote colors that revert back to default color when I log back in. My alliance chat and guild chat color stay the same though. Just really annoying to have to reset speech/emote colors upon login hopefully this is an easy fix and will be fixed before pub 57 goes live.

29. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Unfortunately, about the time that Windows XP was released, programmers were pushed to MAKE IT THE DEFAULT STYLE at practically every software company, because of how having multiple logins for each machine (i.e. 1 per user) was being pushed so much.

The logic was that each person's settings for the programs they use would be in their "My Documents" folder, so that, if needed, other logins for that computer couldn't access or accidentally overwrite them.

I think it was stupid, for most of the applications that ended up using it, but there were legitimate reasons for certain programs to do it. Of course, game programs where every player has their own distinct account names aren't one of them (though, if you could set them up to have different desktops for your characters, based on your login ID, there MIGHT be a use to a very few people - say using login A for PvP, login B for PvM, with radically different layouts)