1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Client Patch - 02/01

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Feb 1, 2012.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Jan 30, 2009
    We will release a non-mandatory client patch today.

Classic client

• Cliloc Changes

Enhanced Client

• Cliloc Changes

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 26, 2008
    Color me stoopid...what is a non-mandatory client patch, do I want it, and if it isnt mandatory I assume it doesnt patch automatically? Guess I need to login agan and see if i get one.

3. Carharrt

Carharrt Guest

It borked my 2d. The one time I need to use 2d and atm lookin like i get to uninstal/reinstall.

*Edit* Just remembered another draw back of system restore! Has to be why it is not working. O well... just had to amend my previous statement since my 2d is borked by my own hands! =(
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Remember to clear out the contents of your 2D patch file after a failed patch. That can stop a patch from happening, on occasion. But, before you do, look through the patch.log file and see where it failed. Sometimes you can copy the damaged file over from another install (of the patch, or from the patch that was being overwritten - either will work) to get the patch to restart.

This is one of the reasons why I keep UO installed and patched up on multiple machines, even though I play 95% of the time on one of them. Between the two machines, I've had this kind of thing happen at least 3 times in the last 2 years, but by replacing the broken file on 1 machine from the other, I was able to avoid a reinstall. On 1 machine (or as a further backup) I typically copy the entire folder from Program Files as a last ditch save method (at worst, I just copy it back over and reinstall from there, but never had to do that yet).
  5. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 17, 2005
    Is that Rtravler guy home from work to decode the patch for us?
  6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Wonder if the patch is to correct something the guard says. It seems some people are under the impression that the guards are telling them to kill the rioters instead of the raiders.
  7. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Jun 19, 2002
    The difference, as far as I've been able to gather, is the mandatory client patches require you to log out immediately and go pick up the patch in order to continue functioning, or at very least, to download it before you log back in -- there are still some folks who just execute the client directly rather than the patcher first (saves time getting into/back into the game).

A non-mandatory client patch means that you could simply continue to play on your existing client without patching it. Things like the cliloc files would simply generate the cliloc errors we've all seen, but wouldn't exactly prevent you from playing.
  8. Kojak

Kojak Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 4, 2008
    mandatory patches break something - that's the main difference :)
  9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Jul 15, 2005
    Really nothing worth separate spoilers thread:
    The fight has ended with the defeat of ~1_TEAM~. To the victors go the spoils!
    A reward of ~1_ITEM~ will be delivered to you once you free up room in your backpack.
    A reward item will be delivered to you once you free up room in your backpack.
    A reward of ~1_ITEM~ has been placed in your backpack.
    A reward item has been placed in your backpack.
    A reward of ~1_ITEM~ will be delivered to you once you are resurrected.
    A reward item will be delivered to you once you are resurrected.
    And few bits for EM/GM only