1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Cross Shard Treasure Hunt Contest

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Aug 19, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

The EM's have started a friendly competition between the shards, this will be held on TC1. The shard Trophy will be placed on the winning shard, so let the bragging can begin!

When: This Saturday August 21st , 2010 @ 9:00 pm EDT (2 hours)
    Who: Chesapeak vs Sonoma
    Meeting place: Nujel'm Chessboard

The Challenge:
    Two teams from each shard will be given 5 level 6 maps, the first team to complete all maps will be declared the winners. After 30 days, another shard will be able to challenge the winners for the Trophy. So pick your teams, practice, and let the games begin.

More...

2. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Need more info, what constitutes "completed" in this challenge?

A map will say "completed by ... " as soon as you have dug the chest up, you don't even need to empty the chest for that, or defeat the guardians for that matter :)

Any clarifications on the exact rule?

Lord Nabin likes this.
  3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

If you are wondering about fraud prevention measures...there aren't any.

4. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I wrote this in uoforums and I'll repeat my post:

I lag a lot in TC1 and I'm sure many other players do too. How fair it is to compete with players who doesnt have any lag issue on TC1? You might say it wont make much difference for PvM but I can say that it does from my experience there with Level 6 maps while documenting the changes for the treasure maps. Furthermore, let's say we have two shards that are on different time zones, say 7 hours apart. How do we expect to see the regular players of each shard on the contest?

Since it is a race against time, why not perform this event on each shard and compare the total time?

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Guessing there will be an EM overseeing the contest. Otherwise there would be no way to know as there are no time-stamps on the maps.

6. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Watch out :eyes:
    It's a trap.

Best of luck to all :thumbup1:

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This was my first thought on reading the news too. Not to mention, I bet all of us T-hunters have runes to the various Islands on our own shards, but we would have to find a rune Library on TC or go days early and mark all the locations needed.

Why do it on TC1? why not have Messeana go to the 2 shards and time them? Everyone would have thier full suits, runes, and pings.

Who makes the call if 9 people want to participate, or are the teams limited in size?

8. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Captain Bloodrum's Abyss Qualifying Teams
    Sunday, August 15, 2010
    Nujelm, Trammel

By:Merik

[​IMG]

The townships of Moria, Dragons Watch and The City of Kijustsu Anei Village sponsored teams in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge on Saturday August 15th. Two of these teams will follow EM Dudley on Saturday, August 21st to Test Center 1. There they represent the Chesapeake shard in the, Captain Bloodrum's Abyss event. They will face off against teams from the Sonoma shard. The Sonoma teams are being brought over by the Vile, Evil, Deer hunting... Oh, I mean EM Tailspin. *Grins*

Team Name:Red Jaguars
    Township Affiliation: Moria
    Team Members: Mariah, Demon Slayer II, Tara Brin, Pain Prodigy, and Naomie De'Layne

Team Name:Blue Barracudas
    Township Affiliation: Dragons Watch
    Team Members:Juliana, NANOC, CharGar, Carl JR, and (Unknown)

Team Name:
    Green Monkeys
    Township Affiliation:The City of Kijustsu Anei Village
    Team Members:Mononoke, Mr Clean, Tiger Lily, Xenoz, and MayHem

The two qualifying teams were the Red Jaguars from Moria! And the Green Monkeys from The City of Kijustsu Anei Village! Both towns come from the Ethereal Void Imperium and promise not to fail! If they do fail they shall feel the wrath of the Ethereal Guide. The Red Jaguars also have another thing to celebrate. This is their second win in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge. They only need one more win to be crowned "The Captain Bloodrum's Challenge Champions"!!!

9. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So anyone can hop onto TC1 and "choose" a side (Chessie or Sonoma)?

Also completing a map, since there is no indication otherwise does this mean just digging it up (which completes the map)?

And what is this qualification thing about? I'm confused now :D

10. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

The EMs "watch" each team while they are completing their maps. By completing they mean the following: finding the chest, digging it up, defeating the guardians, unlocking the chest and looting out ALL items while killing anything that spawn. The EMs check each location to make sure the chest remains and is empty.

I've competed in two of these events on Chessy and they are super fun. I'm kinda mad that I missed this qualifier but alas True Blood was on.

As for anyone wondering about finding the locations without rune libraries, I'm sure that the EMs will be giving out the new random location maps so the lack of said libraries will not matter. I just hope that the EMs check all locations beforehand to make sure that they are not blocked in any way.

Good luck CHESSY!

11. The EMs at the Chessy qualifier said that they checked the map locations. I didn't have any trouble finding the spots and they were not blocked.

12. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

its better seeing the team you're going against on the same shard as you, makes it more thrilling

13. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

you get the maps, decode them, dig up the chest, kill all the spawn, loot the chest completely empty then leave the chest there, recall back until the EM says clear, then u move onto next map

14. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The fact that your team names are from Legends of the Hidden Temple satisfies the nerd inside me in so many ways.

15. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

This "NEWS" is apparently worthless since the teams were predetermined.

16. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

No actually its not. Its inviting all shards to come and spectate and then get a team together to challenge the winners.

17. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Wit 5 ppl at each team, I would suggest to take two provokers, 2 t-hunters and 1 other (maybe tamer, maybe sampire). Split the team up: a team of three for tram/fel maps and a team of 2 for the other maps. Or you could have 4 ppl doing initial spawn while the second t-hunter moves to the next map. Once the guardians are done move 2 ppl over to the second t-hunter.

18. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Only one t-hunter is allowed per team. And you cannot move on to the next map until the EM checks the chest to make sure it was actually completed.

19. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Um, ya, I kind of figured it would be new map locations, but that does not mean they are not going to be on Islands in Tram/Fel, and having runes marked across Ter Mur and Malas, as well as some randomly across tram and Fel is FAR faster than running all the way from moongates and taking boats.

20. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

it would be great if you could dig for treasure in the enhanced client. The disappearing cursor is enough to make me slay someone.

21. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Well, fair enough, but it doesn't really seem to say anything about spectating?

This sounds like there is the option to least pick - if not form - a team. And if spectating, practice for what?

22. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I'm on team Red, and all I can say is which one of your teams is going to come in second? ;P

23. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Good luck with the event, and very nice (ducky) sig. :)

24. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Thanks :) after tha LaLa-love sig I had to give love to Mr. Larry Bird w/ quotation and of course credit some ducks; one EM event begets another. If there is a TC wipe I will cry though lol ;D.

25. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Most likely a Sonoma team. Some RL things came up and you can only sub two members. Any more then that and your team cannot compete. Still waiting on the final word from Imperium OOC Leadership.

26. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Are the systems already in place to duplicate your character(s) on test center so that we can use our normal stats/skills/equipment for this? I know I heard this was coming, but I am not sure if it is already in or not...

27. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Nope

28. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Well you right about Sonoma in 2nd -- and also in first :O.

Congrats to Sonoma! Clearly, Ches has some work to do! But Red Jags stole the show when our mascot killed the Sonoma mascots ;d.

29. Chanel #1

Chanel #1 Adventurer

I know - digging up a REALLY old thread. But does anyone know which shard was the eventual winner of this contest? I know LS was in the finals. Looking for a pair of gloves that the winning team received. :)

30. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dagnabit!! ... Saw the thread and thought it was a new thing lol

sablestorm and Lord Frodo like this.
  31. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

For some reason I think Oceania ended up winning and they are still waiting for their prize. Same as I am still waiting for my prize for the 16th anniversary Cultural Center contest that was NEVER forthcoming. Beware entering any competition advertised by EA/Broadsword whomever. Certainly don't hold your breath for your prizes if you are not on Atlantic.

Uriah Heep likes this.
  32. Drakelord

Drakelord Stratics Sonoma Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor

Wow, sounds as if it was fun, maybe they can "REBOOT" the contest like they do TV Shows?

33. Chanel #1

Chanel #1 Adventurer

I know gloves were handed out to the winning team for beating Lake Superior. They are called "Leather Treasure Hunters Gloves of Lake Superior Smashing". Were these handed out to the winning team of each match, or only the final match?

34. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:eyes:

Did not know they were having a contest that involved smashing.. I wouldda xfered to LS fer dat :devil: