1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] FAQ Friday #3 - 10/01/10

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Oct 1, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

Welcome to FAQ Friday - Where we've collected together answers to Frequently (and sometimes not so frequently) Asked Questions within the community.

Want to see your question up here? We select questions from UO Stratics and UO Forums, so head over to your favorite forum community and post your question - we might answer it in a future post!

Please keep in mind that these won’t always address major topics of conversation, this is simply another way of sharing info about the game that won’t necessarily make it into a Producer’s Update or patch note.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

More...

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok so... three questions about housing with no real answer.... this ranks right up there with mine.... When are you going to give me back the function of KR housing menu so I don't have to be a stinking friend in my own danged house!

So... in otherwords why don't you just say we aren't at all interested in fixing any of the housing issues because we either
    a) wouldn't have a clue how to
    b) just plain don't care
    c) don't want to fix any old issues because we are too busy creating new ones
    d) all of the above...

*grumbles*

3. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Damn, I'd hate to be selling door to door in Mags neighborhood. I'd have to develop a new friendship with a rhinoplasty expert, and right quick!

lol

go get em man.

4. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Hi,
    the subject of the KR house access has been brought up multiple times, as recently as the last producer's letter.

As far as access, we need to make certain that the functionality was not removed as it may have had game effecting implications.

But yes, we still have it planned. As far as the art is concerned, we have to get all of our ducks in a row when requesting new art assets and testing and implementing them, so the blanket answer of "yes sure, it's on the way" would not be a good idea.

So yes, we do care.

- c

5. How about:

e) "We're considering thinking about it at some point in the future, but cannot talk about it for reasons we cannot discuss at this time." ;)

6. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

:lame:

Uhm.. So.. None of these questions were actually answered with, well, ya know.. answers.

"We’re talking about it..."

"We'll look into it..."

"We'll get back to you..."

“It’s on our radar…”

Sorry, but these all ring as hollow and disingenuous. We want actual answers to our questions, not doublespeak. :thumbdown:

7. canary

canary Guest

I'm not sure Cal knows how to speak any other way, to be honest.

8. NullByte

NullByte Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

As a old player returning to UO, I have to say the FAQ on Friday this week was a complete waste of time.

Those questions could have been answered by a community manager as they appeared, or doesnt UO have a community manager anymore?

I mean one line answers that dont give details because you can't, are a bloody waste of time.

9. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think the last person we got straight answers out of was Draconi... maybe that is why they got rid of him? Because he actually ANSWERED questions....

10. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

No. No, we don't. We share a community rep with WAR, he only does the bare minimum. Posting pre-made announcements to the Herald and cherry picking the easy questions out of the Ask the Devs forum.

At least he's not callin Origin "Origins" anymore.

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No actually we had Jeremy...

And she was fired/let go whatever and no we don't have a true community person.... really.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My translation goes:
    Yes, we're talking about housing stuff, but we're not quite sure what's possible without breaking something else yet, so we don't want to make promises until we know whether we can keep them.