1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] FoF: More live questions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Mar 20, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

In this Five on Friday we cover Lumberjacking, Cloaks of Corruption, and Tinkers.

To read more click here.

More...

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Woot! Daggers, cloaks, and enhancing them when threads :D

3. Marcellis

Marcellis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Wasn't there a third Thread type besides Life and Fate that dropped later in this event cycle? And if so, would they be needed as well?

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What's the point of faction bandages at all then? If we already have something in the game (apples) that do the exact same thing?

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There is a third one. I think it is one you get off the creatures in mag. by using Spirit Speak on them.

6. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Darker cousins? Obsidian Blades? Once again this FoF was enhanced w/pure Draconi.

p.s. I would like to have a greater reward for challenging Barracoon... I can solo that one :)

7. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome! Great FoF and I'm excited that our glass daggers, cloaks, and threads will finally have a purpose. :thumbup:

8. Pom Pom

Pom Pom Guest

What about all the threads/bug reports about this latest publish? Any estimated time for a fix on any of this stuff?

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

re: boards and carpentry. In the ongoing tradition of utility beetles, there could be a buzzsaw beetle (for lack of a better name) that cut any logs dropped on it into boards.

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thought

11. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

awesome idea!!! i want a buzzsaw beetle! and i don't even lumberjack or carpenter lol...

12. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

use threads to enhance them how?

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Several of us, in the past, have suggested a new golem type (a tinker craftable) that would serve as a sawmill and defender. By having it a non-bondable (as are golems), it would reduce the chance that a scripter would be having one tag along in Fel. You could even have it use charges (say 1 blade spirit scroll = 2 to 5 charges), or have to be fed the special mining gems, etc.

14. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

RE: Boards

Couldn't you just lower the carpentry skill required to cut up logs, of any wood type, into boards, to zero skill?

You still couldn't make anything else, but then lumberjacks could convert their own logs into boards.

15. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The problem is that boards are a craftable - so follow the rules of crafting. As soon as you select the wood type, that invokes the restrictures. If I read the FoF correctly, Draconi is suggesting exactly what you are suggesting, it's just that it would take some engineering to accomplish.

16. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to remember that the way it used to be was that you just use an axe on a log and it made it into boards automatically. Why can't they just go back to that?

17. Ezekiel Zane

Yeah, the restrictions for special wood types work similar if not exactly like the restrictions on ore/ingot type. If you don't have the appropriate skill level then you get the message "you don't have the skill required to use this **** type."

This code prevents a low skilled crafter from even attempting to craft using special wood types that they don't have the minimum skill for.

If you removed the restrictions and lowered the skill level to craft boards to zero for all types, then any lumberjack could make any type logs into boards, although this would now allow lower skilled carpenters to at least attempt to make items from special wood types, albeit at an extremely low success chance.

18. Ezekiel Zane

Actually now that I think about it more. Removing the wood type restrictions would make the success chance when crafting with any wood type the same for all wood types.

Maybe not the best solution after all.

19. Ezekiel Zane

What if instead of using overall restrictions to prevent using special wood types, the success chances were able to be decreased based upon the selected type?

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't know shifting the restrictions might have a rather adverse effect... for one using other woods one would think would Up your skill faster.

And I don't know about you all but raising my rate of skill gain at things is a bonus I'd hate to lose.

I guessed the obsidian blade as well..... guess we have to wait to see .... either that or the kiss.... which is also a dagger.... kinda hard to say.... Though there is also that vorpal blade.... anyones guess there...

So no mention of the champ spawns and the craziness that has been going on with them since the publish... Guess we'll wait and see.

21. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I'm not for this idea, but if it were to happen it should be called a 'carpenter beetle'. I imagine most people have heard of carpenter bees and/or ants, so why not beetles.

22. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

23. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lol, well those guys eat at the wood themselves, so maybe a tithe or tax to be paid for using a beetle to chop lumber for you?

I'm not convinced.

24. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I'm sure when we will be able to enhance them we will know...

25. There is no actual link for Community Spotlight provided in that announcement.

Where might it be found?

26. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

lets hope enhanced corruption cloaks are worth all that blackrock we used:D

27. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Giant beavers........mmmmmm? ;)

28. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

Ack the link wasn't active. It should be now :) otherwise the community spotlight this week is here.