1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] FoF: Open Beta FAQ

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Aug 14, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Jan 30, 2009
    In this week's Five on Friday we are going to cover the most frequently asked questions about Open Beta.

To read the full article click here.

2. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

oO I took this to mean Open Beta was a go, but still not seeing retribution on the server list. I'm using the SA client btw oO.
  3. Spelosty

Spelosty Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 25, 2008
    Well, I'm downloading the UOSA Classic client so I'll post if it works with it.
  4. Maija

Maija Guest

Retribution is not in the SA client, and the classic client doesn't show any shards at all. Wonder when it'll be open.
  5. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 16, 2006
    I did too, and Got sad when I didn't see it...
  6. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

NDA lifted??
  7. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Patience people, patience.

Wait for the announcement.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    i just downloaded and installed but there are still no shards in list
  9. onthefifty

onthefifty Guest

not to sound greedy but i wonder if there will be any pixel incentive if you sign up for the expansion early ....
  10. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

They already said yes lol. Some tokens to change existing chars into gargs, a garg only pet or something like that.
  11. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003
  12. Zodia

Zodia Guest

From the press release:

Additionally, consumers who purchase Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss from September 8th - 29th will receive multiple Alteration Tokens to transform current characters into Gargoyles, an exclusive gargoyle craftable pet, and decorative Stygian Abyss mob boss statues.
  13. Hopefully when the shard is up and running there will be a announcement of its own instead of a link just attached to the FoF of the week..
  14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I've tried 5 times now to download the enhanced 2d client and it just isn't going to happen tonight, the lockups won't stop.

EA has been using digital distribution how long now? And they still can't come close to getting it right.

So, if I'm going to get a look at SA this weekend its going to have to be with the new client which has patched successfully. Though I'm still disppointed with it as I have submitted dozens of bug reports and not one has been fixed to date. Time to change my mood icon.
  15. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
  16. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Feb 26, 2004
    That is NOT a classic 2D client!!! :mad:
  17. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

What is it?
  18. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Is the classic client that is available for download now for SA going to be useable when SA goes live? Or is it purely there for the beta test on retribution?
  19. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 10, 2004
    Is there a character ager that i can use so i can place a house?