1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] FoF: Summer is around the Corner

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 24, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

In this Five on Friday we cover Fey Slayers, Zoo Turn in, and Mark spell.

For more information click here.

More...

2. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

never ceases to amaze me :redx:

3. EDA_GL

EDA_GL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Bugged quivers=OK
    everything else in there :cursing:
    Why not implement a patch to not let people run enhancements on their entire system? IF THEN commands come to mind
    IF players speed > what available THEN they get dconned until it decelerates.

Doesn't WoW have some type of system like this in effect? IF you log in and they catch anything running THEN you get banned.
    :)

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Limp FoF
    :redx:

5. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

THAT, sadly, would be why so many of our comrades leave uo. And incase EA hasnt seen the dollars fall over the last few months, people seem to be leaving at an alarming rate the last few weeks/months =/ im holding out for stygian abyss to maybe bring some people back to playing mode, just to try, but what the point would be im not sure. With every shard beginning to have the "extras" from atlantic sweep over them, i dont know if i want to even hold out until then.

6. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

Heck of alot of good improving the community collections does on Siege. Or is removing the GZ from brit, moonglow, and Vesper the first step in the "improvement" process.

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't logged in to UO GL in 2 weeks, has it gotten that bad?

8. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Well at least the guy that keeps asking about the QoR will be happy.

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

He better be happy, lol.

10. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I still watch the boards, however I'm so glad I quit this stuff!:coco:

11. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You guys covered the quivers that were "bugged" a couple FoF ago but what's the deal with the Quivers of Rage?
    There was an issue which allowed some quivers of rage to have higher than intended damage modifiers. While the majority of those have been fixed, there still is a few of them out there with irregular mods. Players should not be purchasing these items. A fix has been written that will reset the existing bugged quivers to the normal damage mods and will be released in the near future.
    -Sakkarah

ok dont buy them, but how can u tell a bugged one from a non bugged one? sorry if this has been said elsewhere, or this isnt the right place to ask, but i dont read every post here. If it cant be said here, can someone please pm me the answer, cuz I dont want to buy one not knowin if its bugged or not

12. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Basically, buncha SL speeders running around with passion and haxz at yew gate. that has been the extent of it for the last week. No other guild has done anything whatsoever.

13. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bugged ones say
    Physical Damage 40%
    Cold Damage 50%

Non-bugged ones say
    Physical Dmg 20%
    Fire Dmg 20%
    Cold Dmg 20%
    Poison Dmg 20%
    Energy Dmg 20%

It's very different.

14. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There must be a couple people who just ask questions about the Moonglow Zoo Collection nonstop. It is baffling how many times the zoo comes up. I did a Google search and its been talked about 6 times in different Five on Fridays.

The Five on Friday definitely does not cover the most talked about issues anymore. It has turned into random topics pulled from Stratics, of which 3 or 4 from this week were.

Is there any wonder why they keep having to ask for people to submit questions? No one is going to bother when they don't answer them. Such as that Spring Cleaning 2009, that could have been answered in the topic itself with 2 letters, "no". Instead they save it for the Five on Friday for some reason.

15. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What question did you submit this week, JC?

16. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Regarding the use of Mark scrolls with non-Mage characters;

To my understanding, when casting from a scroll, the game takes the spell level, lowers it by two, and from there your casting chance works as per normal.

Mark is a sixth circle spell. A fourth level spell requires 24 skill minimum to cast. Even with Jack of all Trades, a non-Mage cannot cast it.

In theory, you could also carry some jewels (hence "becoming" a Mage on demand), but you certainly wouldn't be wearing them all the time as they won't fit your template. You'd also need max intensities on them to achieve a low chance of casting.

17. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Next FoF question...
    When will the FoF get serious and answer real issues?

18. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Q. Many players has mentioned about when will the FoF provide answers to more serious issuess?

A. We are working on a fix, and will be fixed in the "near" future.

:thumbsup:

19. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I am saddened to see nothing about the event cycle. After a flurry of events, it's like they've forgotten about it.

-Galen's player

20. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I think they are just very very busy. My guess is that they are continuing to work on SA while simultaneously tracking down and figuring out how to address old issues and problems. I suspect they will do a couple of publishes that are jam-packed with bug fixes and maybe some minor event stuff and then we will see the announcements about SA being ready to go. They may also be staying quiet here on the forums just to see what kind of stuff we dredge up and post about. If we're not happy, we tend to find the smallest stuff to ***** about, and that may be just the kind of information they want right now.

Have some faith, Galen! Remember the old saying that it's always darkest before the dawn.

21. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

+12 jewels and a +10 spellbook shouldn't be too hard to obtain and that gets you to a 25% chance of success of casting mark of a scroll, which is a reasonable enough.

On the other hand, if you're suiting up for a rune-marking expedition, it would make more sense to just dust off a mage to do the deed. Rune-marking is a task that falls into the same realm to me as repairing equipment, a specialized task for a particular skill.

22. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

On some shards these days, trying to find the +12 jewels, +10 magery spellbook, and Mark scrolls is just about impossible to do, unless you get the jewels yourself as loot and have a scribe that can make modded spellbooks.

23. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't say it was trivial, I just said it shouldn't be "too hard" :)

(I admit I don't enjoy asking for help ingame either - this is an area where it would be nice to be able to set up a vendor/questgiver-like NPC that offers a reward for an item matching certain specs)

24. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well couldn't that be a Five on Friday question? "Where have all the events gone?" "We're busy working on so-so." That question would have been more interesting than 4 of the ones from this week.

25. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Oh, definitely that would be an interesting question! I also think Cal Crowner's overdue to give us a report on the state of UO. His last Developer Letter was from December 12, 2008 (http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=476). He wrote some of the game fiction that was posted in March, but haven't seen him post anything else.

26. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ah! I forgot about book mods. My mistake.

(The books aren't actually that hard to get, even if you don't have a scribe, you can always pay someone you know to grind out a few... Decent jewels, on the other hand, can indeed be few and far between.)