1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Good Outposts Make Good Neighbors

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 2, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

As Dawn was about to step into the receiving chamber, shepaused in front of the mirror near the door and tucked a ringlet of her brownhair back into place. It defiantly popped free again. Dawn clenched her lipsand shook her head slowly.

How did I ever end up playing the part of queen? shethought to herself as she examined her appearance in the mirror. I am awarrior, a third-generation royal guard. I have fought orcs and ophidians anddemons and giant, mutant plants and all sorts of monsters… and now itseems I must face tea parties with potentates and dignitaries. I am unsurewhich is more likely to kill me.

More...

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Cool hmm and outpost in the Abyss maybe !! kill slasher lets take the city there ;-)

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I liked this one.

Nice job.

-Galen's player

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like itbetter if so manywords didn't runtogether. ?

5. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Weird, I didn't notice that and normally I notice things like that.

-Galen's player

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I noticed that on the Stratics copy, but not on the Herald. I guess it is something with our news-feed.

I also guess that the "Outposts" will be the player housing hinted at.

7. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I enjoyed this. :)

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*studies the notes*.....

Hum.... *raises his own eyebrow*.... How interesting.... building an outpost in the Abyss.... worth a thought. Would have to be a strong outpost... with many wards..... to keep out the unwanted... but if built by the pixes...

*looks monetarily disturbed by the thought before pushing it out of his head* ok bad Idea... an outpost... for the Queen.

And how would that benefit Newcastle? or Britannia even?

(Fascinating)

9. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Most likely.

Though for my part I wouldn't at all mind having an actual, NPC manned outpost there too. One for Ter Mur, one for Britannia, maybe. So that way when Herald fiction or EM fiction had something like "we've gotten word from the Abyss on such and such," it'll be more obvious who got word, and how.

When Doom was popular I often wondered if there should be a little area with some basic services, the idea being that a little "frontier town" economy had sprung up.

While I was never sure if it was really a good idea or not it was interesting to play around with in my head.

-Galen's player

10. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Is this connected to the Sherry fiction from some weeks back?

-Galen's player